What's new

High mileage club?

Just passed 180k miles.

-Original Turbo
-Original clutch and DMF (although clutch is quite tired now)
-Original exhaust system
-Original timing chain
-Original Driveshafts

Still going strong and drives beautifully.
I might do the clutch at 200k - would be a great milestone but will see how it goes.
Fabulous cars these, pretty hard to beat it for a daily motorway cruiser.

Mine is over 148k+ miles right now.
Bought it 8 years ago when it had done just over 70k.
Apart from usual wear and tear the only thing I've done is a new alternator and got the manifold sorted out (the fault wasn't the manifold, the culprit was a sensor).
Its still going well.
Been servicing it either myself or taking it to my local mechanic and always used original Honda parts, thanks for Holdcroft Honda in Stoke!

• I've had my 2006 2.2 diesel tourer exec for something like 6.5 years.
  • Bought at 105,000 miles - was a company lease car - no service history but I reckon it was fully serviced .under the company lease arrangement
  • Currently on 190,000 miles - only two significant issues (1) - exhaust manifold cracked, (2) ABS pumped serviced due to VSA malfunction
  • Apart from oil/filter changes and brake pads/discs, no other significant expenditure
The car though is showing signs of it's age and if the next MOT failures are going to cost more than £400, then I'll scrap it because of the other minor issues that don't make keeping the car worth while, e.g.
> Air con no longer works - compressor and condenser need replacing
> VSA issues AGAIN - suspect the pressure sensor in the ABS pump
> Rear suspension clunky (drop links I think)
> Power Tail Gate malfunction

WHAT I'VE LIKED ABOUT THIS CAR
great reliability, cheap to run, good fuel economy, huge boot, nice interior and comfy seats and no significant rust

DISLIKES
standard stereo is below par (to my ears at least), stiff ride (subjective of course), thin paintwork (chips easily but no rust as yet)

NOTE ON DIESEL FUEL FILTER
  • When I first purchased the car I joined the forum and one of the much lauded topics was the need to change the fuel filter at regular intervals.
  • I quickly bought said filter and have been meaning to change it sometime, but 85,000 miles on, I never have
  • I use supermarket diesel just about all of the time and the car starts without the slightest hesitation - long may it last.

My 2006/56 diesel EX Tourer is on 222k. Bought in Jan 2011 with 81k. The more major issues have been:
- 89k - replaced dual mass flywheel and new clutch at the same time
- 114k - exhaust manifold replaced (under extended warranty)
- 163k - timing chain replacement
- 197k - new alternator
Other than that, it's been consumables and regular servicing every 12.5k.

The clutch is on its way out at the moment though, and i'm currently trying to get to the bottom of a battery draining issue. Have a new battery, and have disconnected the alarm siren (it has been going off on occasion when getting in car, and no combination of locking/unlocking/super-locking with the fob has any effect). I suspect it's the internal battery in the alarm, so have ordered a new one and will try this. Shall disconnect the BT module for the HFT — it's not worked reliably for a while now.

Would like to get it to the moon (238k)...

My 2003 Type S has gone over the 206,000 Miles and still works/pulls like the first day I have had it.

Ever since owning the car The big ticket items have been - New Clutch and flywheel, Front Passenger side driveshaft, drivers window (failed again L - still need to sort out!)

Other than that the normal oil servicing, brakes, tyres etc.

However the next job maybe the rear suspension which are rattling and to replace and few little jobs nothing major. Everything else is as was when it first come out of the showroom! Still amazes me till this day absolute solid motor.

Few things show up on the MOT but then for the age and mileage I kind of expect it wear and tear dust caps etc, at the moment it’s the trade-off anything other than the engine is fine to spend on a little than a brand new car!

Exterior: Bumper has the stone pits (Doing thousands of miles on the motorway does that) Rust: Little bubble on the wheel arch not got any bigger than a £2 coin for the last year or so it’s all good.

My Aim also it to get it to the moon! 238,000 miles!

Current mileage on my 2003 2.4 Type S.

types.jpg

Only failed 1 MOT too! Had the timing & oil chains changed in March, and it's been through a few clutches (2nd is starting to feel like it needs chaning soon).

I love coming into post like this cause it make me realise how well built these motors are and (if looked after) can run to next to forever.

I have a 2.2 i-dtec on 151k

My accord 2.2 i-ctdi is on 242k miles and running well and still has all of its power must have been through a few clutches though

Mine currently has 173k on the clock and drives like a car with a lot less under it... Just finished a 600 mile round trip last week and got 54mpg out of an EX Tourer on the return journey, the first leg was a lot of stop start, town and country roads and traffic and only got me 44mpg... Whilst the return was 60% motorway, 35% major A roads and dual carriageways, and the first few miles and the last few miles were minor A and B roads.

Average speed on the return journey after 274 miles in 4hrs 20 mins... works out to roughly 65mph, whilst the first leg was 314 miles in 2 legs (147m and 167m) in a little short of 5hrs 45 mins... traffic was heavier, town driving and so forth... But still averaged 54mph... Because once I hit the major roads and motorway on the last leg I got on with it and drove to arrive on time rather than to get the best mpg's... Didn't have that to worry about on the return leg.

mine is 2008 and i have 190k miles on clock. alhamdulillah so far all good. i drive as if she has engine m5 or rs8 something like that. Fahad did remap and goes like a Bugatti :D :D :D
got the car in 2015 and since only changed manifold(new) and alternator(second hand) only use oil castrol edge 0w30 and try to service 5k or 10k miles
clutch i think started to slip i think. its like when i press the pedal(acceleration) it doesn't do the pulling like. i dono how to explain. foreign English ))))

Which should I start with.
09 IDTEC Tourer 289k DPF removed on 125k by Fahad.
10 GT EX AUTO Saloon 244k DPF Removed on 90k by Fahad.
I sold my 1st Honda to Fahads brother yrs ago with well over 250k on.
So with a grand total off over 3/4 off a million miles with the 3 accords I've owned and still going strong

DPF removal is a very dodgy area now, and you'd have to refit it for every MOT.. and if you get stopped and they find it's removed... large fines, cancelled insurance and so forth... They've really tightened up the rules because to many people were removing them and spewing out high levels of pollution.