What's new

Honda 99 Disc changer cartridge

Cheddars

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 Astra Twintop
Hia guys,

Bought a CD changer for the car and the seller failed to mention that there is only 3 disc holders out of the 6 in the cartridge. Does anyone happen to know where to get a set, I imagine they are hard to find.

Any help appreciated :)

I hope I'm wrong, but "rare as hen's teeth" or "rare as rocking-horse poo" come to my mind

I would consider selling mine as I don't use the changer but then mine wouldn't be complete and would bug me.
These things are not easily found as the changers were a fairly high cost option at the time.
Best bet would be to check eBay, scrappies and the like for anyone breaking Accords and see if they've got them. Although they'd probably only sell the changer as a complete unit.

Good Luck
P.S. You could have more luck trying to find some way of having them modelled/scanned in 3D and then printed using a reasonably decent 3D printer. Just a thought.

Edit:
Or, a quick look on Lings shows they stock the magazine (part # 08A0616142002) @ £42.92.
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17S1A01&block_02=08A0601&block_03=6448&block_05=hcr
I'd imagine that'd be complete with the trays, best to check with them and maybe other dealers might be a bit cheaper.

Appricate the help guys :D

Turns out to be quite a common part on ebay - every other cd changer appears to have the same shaped cartridge

Phew, it seems that some Hens do have teeth after all LOL

hens_teeth.jpg