Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC TYPE-S

like a boss

Members
Reaction score
Car
Ford Focus
Hi all.

A newbie here! :)

I'm in the market for a Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC and I've been looking in Ireland for the past week but the Hondas in England has better specs etc...

I've my eye on this Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC TYPE-S

Can people tell me about this model and what should I look out for?

Any help will be grateful.

D.

Hi,

Their is a thread opened called ' ex vs ex gt' post in their, its mainly spec difference and type s has more bhp I think. Just make sure its really got a full honda history with correct oil and not a fleet service or other. Drive it from stone cold, check turbo and usual checks you would do when buying any car.

I dont own this car so others may be able to advise better, be sure to check in the 8th gen faults section aswell, small things like speakers not working things like that.

Mornin'

I have a 2010 Type S in White, and I love it to bits... What do you want to know?!

Ade

Mornin'

I have a 2010 Type S in White, and I love it to bits... What do you want to know?!

Ade

Is the ride any different to the EX GT? Just searching the net for info on this model.

Autotrader would be the best place to find a 2009/2010 Accord?

Cheers.

I honestly can't say if the ride is like the EX GT as I haven't driven one, sorry. The ride isn't overly harsh for my 'back road' commute.
I did have my 2003/CL7 lowered with the Eibach Pro Kit.... It is certainly not as stiff as that. I know it is a family cruiser but I personally would like it a bit stiffer especially for the tight and twisties, but that's just me. I'm putting a spoiler on it this week, finally, one from the TSX - strangely it's the same as my CL7 spoiler!? can't wait.

shouldn't the 2009 model have orange front indicators??
Strangely i noticed this on TMC car it seems that the type S has has almost got the same clear indicators as the facelift.

Type S in the 8th Gen is the one to go for, you get all the kits, faster and looks nicer too... plus you get all the EX goodies as well as metal pedals... I have been looking at the same one as you, my next car will be a type s in the 8th gen too :)