What's new

Honda Accord mk8 2.2 idtec - Shock Absorber - DPF - ECU Remap

Pantelis

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord mk8 2.2
Hello my name is Pantelis i have a honda accord mk8 2.2 idtec.
Iam looking to change my Shock Absorber but for something better than stock.More sport edition.is anyone have any good advise?is the blistain black edition good for this car?
And what about for ecu remap for stage one?Did soomaone did that?IS same issue with this?
On my honda i had a stage 1 and i had problem with my dpf (it blocks every 4-5 months).The last time i coudnt found the error on the ecu and i had to update the system (ecu).
Probably it restore to the factory and now is back to 150hp instant 193hp on stage 1. Do you have any ideas or advise ?

Thanks

shocks there are many brands check reviews online.
sounds like a bad ecu remap i would suggest a proper ecu remap @fahad can help if you near that area

@honda_saj @fahad
Thanks for your reply.i check online and i found only blistain black edition and KYB.nothing else.if you have any website that i can check or any type of Shock Absorber please post it here for me.
For ecu remap i have no idea what is going on..they only thing is that i can see my car that is going more slowly that before.I live in Rugby if someone can help.
Thanks

@honda_saj @fahad
Thanks for your reply.i check online and i found only blistain black edition and KYB.nothing else.if you have any website that i can check or any type of Shock Absorber please post it here for me.
For ecu remap i have no idea what is going on..they only thing is that i can see my car that is going more slowly that before.I live in Rugby if someone can help.
Thanks

What about coilovers? There's limited performance modifications on CU accords, Tien and BC do coilover kits (around the £750 mark), there are also a cheaper set i have seen on ebay but they don't have the right stud's for the strut bar on the front so will need to be modified.

With your remap, if the DPF is getting blocked do you know if the EGR was deleted? I had the DPF cut out and EGR deleted (turned off and a blanking plate between the EGR pipe and exhaust manifold) and i don't have an issue. It doesn't even chuff out black smoke which I'm happy about lol!