What's new

honda accord spoiler

JAPIMPORT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 ACCORD SE
hi my car came without a rear spoiler so ive being looking around for spoilers,and i seen rear lip spoilers painted the colour you want on ebay has anyone on here have one fitted,just want to see what its like first

JAPIMPORT said:
hi my car came without a rear spoiler so ive being looking around for spoilers,and i seen rear lip spoilers painted the colour you want on ebay has anyone on here have one fitted,just want to see what its like first
Depending who you choose, i'd read the feedback of the sellers. One I saw was a guy selling what looks like a generic rubberized plastic which is for door selals (from what people were discribing) but listing it as a boot lip. Not to mention it's apparently sold rolled up, i'm pretty sure boot lips should be ridgid, if it can be rolled then thre's no way in hell you will get paint to stick on materials like that.

Personally i'd phone around braker yards and see if there's any OEM's there.

Mate get either a sport one or type r spoiler.. Buy one already painted.. Safe yourself trouble.. Im going to be changing my sport one soon for a type r one... Straight swap for me tho lol

I have one fitted as a roof spoiler mate , perfect colour match as they ask for the manufacturers code came pre fitted with 3m double sided , only thing is most of these are direct from china so if it quotes free shipping beware ... £22 import fee on some things ... But total cost was only £79 so not bad at all

Sim,
is it straight swap from sport to type r spoiler??
been wanted to get 2 for ages lol

ok ive found a spoiler from an accord,but its black and a hatchback,anyone know if this would fit, ill paint it myself just want to make sure it would fit

i cant see why not...check lings for hatch part number and saloon.
if not ill check for ya if u want mate ;)

had a look at lings, i cant see a hatchback version accord,maybe im doing something wrong,so they must fit all accords of that generation,they have a few of them but all different part numbers but they all look the same

ill have a gander, best to put a hatch reg number in then a saloon number in and see what part number it lists to the pacific reg ;)

from what i can see the hatch and the saloon have different part numbers, ive got hold of diagrams and it looks as if they are slightly different.
I think you need to possibly drill holes to make it fit mate. :(

TonyK7ng87 said:
from what i can see the hatch and the saloon have different part numbers, ive got hold of diagrams and it looks as if they are slightly different.
I think you need to possibly drill holes to make it fit mate. :(
thanks tony,ill keep searching,at least i know for sure now

Hatch and saloon is the same spoiler lol both require holes drilled if not there but both fit no worries lol only difference between hatch and saloon is that it sits futher back on the saloon obv cause the longer boot

Different part numbers will be down to if it has the spoiler brake on it or not.. Lol

simorfc said:
Hatch and saloon is the same spoiler lol both require holes drilled if not there but both fit no worries lol only difference between hatch and saloon is that it sits futher back on the saloon obv cause the longer boot
thanks simon :) ive found a spoiler of a hatchback accord, ill offer it up to the boot and ill go from there cheers

simorfc said:
Different part numbers will be down to if it has the spoiler brake on it or not.. Lol
i was wondering why there was so many part numbers for the spoiler lol :D

theres loads of part numbers as they are painted so have different part numbers mate.
the sport has 4 different paint codes as they come in, black, red, silver and blue.

Like i said the spoiler will fit but you will probs have to drill holes mate

TonyK7ng87 said:
theres loads of part numbers as they are painted so have different part numbers mate.
the sport has 4 different paint codes as they come in, black, red, silver and blue.

Like i said the spoiler will fit but you will probs have to drill holes mate
thanks tony :) i dont mind drilling holes in the boot, i did the same thing on another car i had years ago with a aftermarket spoiler, that lings site is handy ive bookmarked for future reference,ill make a bid on it hopefully ill get it cheap cheers for your help

Yeh if yours doesnt have holes youll obv have to drill them lol ant a hard job mate.. Look forward to an update

simorfc said:
Yeh if yours doesnt have holes youll obv have to drill them lol ant a hard job mate.. Look forward to an update
the saloon and hatchback are completely different. One is much wider than the other. If i remember correctly the hatchback bolts are too wide for the saloon boot lid. I bought one for mine and it would not fit.

So they will fit? Hope so I've just bought one thinking they did,I'm currently getting in wrapped in black carbon as it was red

Benhamo1 said:
Ive just got a type R spoiler off ebay for 35 quid in my colour! Cant wait to fit it
put up some pictures when you have fitted it :) i still havent got mine yet im waiting for the right coloured one to come along

JAPIMPORT said:
put up some pictures when you have fitted it :) i still havent got mine yet im waiting for the right coloured one to come along
will do mate, going to try find some time tomorrow

Hi guys, spoilers from type R wont fit on hatchback and vice-versa. Ive tried it and (dunno how to explain) -> hatch has "shorter" boot and that means its a bit wider on those 2 bolts while saloon has it longer and bit narrow on bolts. I wanted to put type R wing on my hatch but didnt fit. hope this helps ya