What's new

Honda Accord Tourer Exec, Petrol, 2.4, Auto with sunroof & Sata Nav,Late 2007. Front passenger seat belt wet.

Jerseyman

Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord 2.4,Auto
Hi

Honda Accord Tourer Exec, Petrol, 2.4, Auto with sunroof & Sata Nav,Late 2007, 68k miles - we don't do much mileage in Jersey. Front passenger seat belt wet.

I'm new to this group, the front passenger seat belt belt gets wet when it rains hard, this started about a week ago. I also noticed a small amount of water in the rear of the car by the 1st aid storage.

I've tried pouring water at the front drain holes of the sunroof & both drain well, no blockage at the front sunroof drains.

Does anyone know if there are rear sunroof drains/pipes?

I can't see any!

My car is fitted with roof rails & I would like to lift the black trim that runs from the front to the back of the car roof, but don't know how to release the roof rails/trim to see if there is a problem along there?

I've pulled the door rubbers on the passenger side to see if there is any water around the seat belt unit, but this is dry!

Can anyone please help advise?

Thanks in advance.

Use a hosepipe to add water most likely sunroof seals

Yes thanks, did that before asking about this here.

Had to take it to local dealer, fixed hopefully.

Had the same problem, turned out that water was passing the cheap plastic sheet stuck behind front door card.
Rain water passes through the door but should be prevented from entering the car by the plastic. The plastic is fitted by
a type of mastic. Letting the doors slam too hard seems to dislodge it.

Hi all.
I've sorted this by taking my car to the local Honda dealer, who fixed it. As I could not!!
Many thanks