What's new

Honda Accord Type-S Tourer Info?

Seg1

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
I am in the mindset of purchasing a Honda Accord estate, now I'm very interested in purchasing a Type-S estate. Coming from a 1.5 Yaris T-sport, I know fuel will be a big difference. People who I have spoken to have said the k24 lump found in the Type-S is thirsty. I do around 110 miles a week, even if that. But my fuelling habit is £20/week. That's with some spirited driving as well.

Now regular trips down south, my yaris takes £45 for a full tank of fuel. Gives me around 270/280 miles depending on the type of driving I do. How much does it cost for a full tank in the type-s? Are there any known issues, how regularly should the oil be changed/car serviced?

Looking for as much info as I can get from you guys.

Thanks.

I worked out my 2.4 does 34MPG mainly motorway. It costs about £70 to fill from empty (saloon but i cant see estate having a bigger tank)

Thanks for the reply Gaz. How many miles do you get from a full tank, and is that driving sensibly or with a heavy right foot, to achieve 34mpg/motorway.

Hi, I get about 75 pounds into my Type S tourer. Around London I get about 250 + miles. That works out about 22 mpg. I'm still learning how to drive it efficiently and every now and again I do like to rev it out a bit!

Any motorway or good A road mileage boosts this significantly.

My last car was a diesel 406 which averaged over 42 mpg but I couldn't be happier.

Thanks Aussie. I'm trying to work out if the car was driven efficiently how many miles I would get to £20. I'm guessing around 55/60miles around town.

On my type-s tourer I get about 30mpg around town and 34mpg on long haul. Well that was the standard until the missus took it on a 400 mile trip and she got 37mpg! Less heavy foot obviously. Seriously I can get on average 420 on a tank and it will take 60 odd litres to fill - I never let it empty

Thanks for the reply Gaz. How many miles do you get from a full tank, and is that driving sensibly or with a heavy right foot, to achieve 34mpg/motorway.

Just shy of 400, mainly crusing about 70/75mph with a bit of fun now and again ;)

It's just I've heard these cars drink a lot of fuel, more so then k20 ep3 civics. Now if I was to get one, I doubt I'd drive it hard all the time. 400 miles sounds good from a tank, but it does also sound excessive from a 2.4. I thought it would be 300 max.

Bear in mind the 2.4 have pretty large tanks compared to Civics, CRVs, etc. So 400 to a tank is simply due to the tank size rather super efficiencies. The 30-34mpg is a good metric to work off

I am in the mindset of purchasing a Honda Accord estate, now I'm very interested in purchasing a Type-S estate. Coming from a 1.5 Yaris T-sport, I know fuel will be a big difference. People who I have spoken to have said the k24 lump found in the Type-S is thirsty. I do around 110 miles a week, even if that. But my fuelling habit is £20/week. That's with some spirited driving as well.

Now regular trips down south, my yaris takes £45 for a full tank of fuel. Gives me around 270/280 miles depending on the type of driving I do. How much does it cost for a full tank in the type-s? Are there any known issues, how regularly should the oil be changed/car serviced?

Looking for as much info as I can get from you guys.

Thanks.

Firstly you wouldn't regret buying a Type S Tourer. OK it is a little thirsty but that is a small price to pay. Mine has a set of bike carriers & Aerobars permanently clamped to the roof so my combined MPG is only around 23 - 24 AND it is only used by my wife for the school run etc. On the motorway minus roof bars etc, mid 30's mpg is achievable.

Keep it serviced as per manufacturer's spec and you shouldn't any worries.