What's new

Honda Battery

I've just ordered a battery for my diesel from Holdcroft Honda for £45, i can't see why you should spend over £80 for a bosch one, its not like it adds 20 more bhp lol

I doubt very much you'd get an original battery as was fitted by the factory, but most likely you will get the same battery rating and equivalent fitment type. I do know that they have a 3 year warranty ;)

Oh and has anyone tried weighing a diesel battery versus a petrol one?? Some difference there i can tell ya (mends broken back due to diesel lump :( :( )

^ Panasonic 46B24L(S)-MF was factory fitted in the 2.4 petrol

Got a Panasonic 46B24L(S)-MF from HH in November 2011 without even asking for that make.

Model: TF-46B24L(S) Old JIS Code: NS-60LS
Specifications
Voltage: 12V Capacity 20Hrs (Ah): 45
Plate per cell: 13 Reserved capacity minutes: 71
***embly Figure: - + Terminal type: Big
Max. dimensions LxWxH (mm): 238x129x204
Weight w acid (kgs): 12.4 CCA: 325

doesnt seem much CCA for that 2.4 lump...

^^Nice one, but do you know if that panasonic was the first factory battery fitted to your car?

Just on batteries, I noticed mine was sluggish the over the last while, and when switching cars around in the driveway, i pulled mine out to get hers in (keep it clean guys), so when I left mine outside I didn't leave it running (for fear of some chancers passing by), I moved hers in, then went back to start mine and i got one turn and a load of clicks, so I figure my battery is on the way out :( . I got it goin very handily on a push and there's been no issue with it since.

I also have the accessory bluetooth kit and garmin satnav fitted and my in car phone charger all take its toll too, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Haven't had a chance to check prices over here on a new battery as yet though. :huh:

I got no idea on batterys that were usaed, Brian says its that pana one on petrols.

my one has photos up, whether its stock or not dont know, it has higher CCA though.

I would think that 2.4 exec loaded with gizmos would need near to 400CCA

doesn't look like panasonic are factory fitted on all accords, this is the one on my one it seems it also from stock. GS battery

http://www.gs-battery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/GS_Catalogue_Nov10.pdf

Accord 8 Accord VIII 2.4i Petrol (Japanese Manufacture) P 1 - 2003 - - - - 053

380CCA, 34Amps,

serial 53

053 46B24L 45 380 70 3 238 129 227 12.7 0 T1 N Yes Yes

"Average battery life has increased to about 6 years
in the UK Market due to a combination of battery technology
and improved car electrical systems"

Yuasa seem to be the battery distributor.

^^Nice one, but do you know if that panasonic was the first factory battery fitted to your car?

Just on batteries, I noticed mine was sluggish the over the last while, and when switching cars around in the driveway, i pulled mine out to get hers in (keep it clean guys), so when I left mine outside I didn't leave it running (for fear of some chancers passing by), I moved hers in, then went back to start mine and i got one turn and a load of clicks, so I figure my battery is on the way out :( . I got it goin very handily on a push and there's been no issue with it since.

I also have the accessory bluetooth kit and garmin satnav fitted and my in car phone charger all take its toll too, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Haven't had a chance to check prices over here on a new battery as yet though. :huh:
Yes definitely the factory fitted battery, see posts #2, #3, #4, #6 all the info is there. I had exactly the same experience as you, at McDonalds drive-through October-ish 2011. I was asked to park in the "waiting space", turned the engine off, and 2 mins later would not start. My son and 3 other lads from McDonalds tried to push start it, no luck, had to call RAC.

Just to confirm, the battery that Holdcroft Honda just sold me for my diesel tourer has exactly the same spec as the Bosch S5... 77Ah / 780CCA, but no manufacturers name is on it (just says Honda on the label). It was only £45, which compares very well with the £121 that ECP currently want for the Bosch S5 - and you'll wait a long time to get a big enough discount to get that down to £45.

I recently bought a new Honda battery too, didn't see a make on it, just says Honda Battery on top, whereas the old one was Panasonic. Anyway, with the odd non start problem I was getting, this long winter we're having finally took it's toll on the original battery and had to get a new one. €70 for battery and a 3 year warranty to boot so happy days, I can even hear the difference in the starter motor when starting.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or the trip computer's feeling the effects of the cold, but my mpg's been slightly better since the new battery was fitted :huh: :huh: :huh:

My old battery (the 2005 original) was a Delphi... different suppliers for diesel and petrol models. I forgot to mention the 3-year warranty.

Disconnecting the battery will reset the ECU 'trim' figures... maybe that's helped your MPG? But it could be temporary until it relearns.

No, it's a real thing! You've noticed your MPG has increased, but perhaps other aspects of performance have suffered (perhaps something you can't easily monitor, like environmental emmisions). After a reset - triggered by a battery disconnection - the ECU must then use factory default settings to control engine parameters, but will then monitor running conditions and replacing these default settings over a period with freshly learnt settings that will optimise the performance of your engine... I'm not sure how long this period is. I've never noticed any difference on my diesel, though.