What's new

Honda Health Check

Moon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
Does anyone know how thorough these are?

Presumably it would depend on how good/bad the dealer is, but would a health check pick up a rattling timing chain, slipping clutch, or dodgy manifold?

The reason I ask is that there's a Tourer Exec diesel I'm considering by private sale, and it's had a health check.

I would take a mechanic with me if everything seemed ok beforehand, but don't want to drag him or myself 150 miles if the car turned out to be rubbish.

Any advice as usual would be appreciated.

It's not mine is it?

Mine had a health check a few weeks ago, clutch feel and operation is on it as is a check on noises (can't exactly remember what it says on the report)

How much are you looking to spend out of interest?

It's not mine is it?

Mine had a health check a few weeks ago, clutch feel and operation is on it as is a check on noises (can't exactly remember what it says on the report)

How much are you looking to spend out of interest?

Hi mate,

Judging by your avatar, yes it is, although you're a bit far away really, I've decided.

I had a look on here to see if you were selling it on here after I saw your ad, as the remap from Elite sounded very TA. :)

If the clutch is slipping as you have said, then I'd be looking at £800ish to replace, so nothing like £6,000 I'm afraid.

Is there a full Honda SH, btw?

Honda still do the clutch for £600 here so I would be willing to get that sorted. It's not a Honda service history I'm afraid.

Is it a full SH by indies, or just not a full SH?

The timing chain is something I'm paranoid about, having had a problem a month ago with a car I returned, so am very keen that it's got a full SH.

It missed one a few years ago, as for the timing chain Fahad has seen the car and gave it the all clear if that's any help.

It missed one a few years ago, as for the timing chain Fahad has seen the car and gave it the all clear if that's any help.

Hmmmmmm.

I'll have a think, and thanks for your replies.

I appreciate it's a long way so that's probably a deal breaker, but I have done my best to look after it, last year it had a new battery from Honda, I de bunked the egr valve and swirl valve (which is a damn messy job) and cleaned the mag and map sensors. As well as having new disks at the back and pads all around. I have also just replaced the control unit for the parking sensors coz that started acting up. So it's had a lot of money spent on maintenance which means you shouldn't have to be paying for anything for a while