What's new

Honda HFT + Nokia Phones

Sphinx

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2i CTDi EX
Hi,

I have been searching for an answer for this for a while and haven't been able to find anything.

I have a Nokia C3-01 which I successfully paired to the car. However, when I try to make a call, it gets a far as dialling the number then it drops the bluetooth connection. The same thing happens when a call is received. I have tried updating the firmware on the phone, and it has made no difference. I have also tried Nokia X3-02 which also had the same problem - and also updated the latest firmware.

Both phones were set for discovery and the phone visibility set to "shown to all" and "auto connect" so it doesn't ask for prompts on the phone.

The Honda HFT website says this phone is compatible.

Does anyone know if there is a software update for the HFT module itself or what the problem might be?

Please help.

Thanks.

Forgot to add - I have the Sat nav with built in HFT.

Maybe it's just Nokias phones! I have the same problem with mine.

I had a very nice and shiny Samsung which worked faultlessly with the car. Unfortunately it was run over by my wife's car, unintentionally I might add, and I had to revert to my old Nokia. It's worked a few times but it's very hit and miss. I just put it down to being an old phone.

Sorry I can't be of any help as I've not found a solution. I'll wait to see if anyone else has.

Hi,

I have been searching for an answer for this for a while and haven't been able to find anything.

I have a Nokia C3-01 which I successfully paired to the car. However, when I try to make a call, it gets a far as dialling the number then it drops the bluetooth connection. The same thing happens when a call is received. I have tried updating the firmware on the phone, and it has made no difference. I have also tried Nokia X3-02 which also had the same problem - and also updated the latest firmware.

Both phones were set for discovery and the phone visibility set to "shown to all" and "auto connect" so it doesn't ask for prompts on the phone.

The Honda HFT website says this phone is compatible.

Does anyone know if there is a software update for the HFT module itself or what the problem might be?

Please help.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same problems as you with my 7th gen accord EX and Nokia phones. First I had a Nokia 6300 which would connect to the bluetooth fine and I could make or receive ONE call on it. Then if I tried to make another call or receive one the bluetooth connection would just drop and I would have to reset the bluetooth system in the car. I changed the phone 3 times and made sure the firmware was up to date. I booked the car into my local Honda dealer who said there was nothing wrong with the HFT system. So, I then changed the phone for a Nokia 6700 which turned out to be even worse. This would just drop the bluetooth connection as soon as a call was made or received the first time. Sometimes it wouldn't even connect to the bluetooth in the first place. Both phones were on the compatible phones list and because they were company phones they were the only ones I could have. Older Nokia phones seem to work ok and my wifes Motorola and my Samsung work fine. DSo it only seems to be newer Nokia's that have problems.

In the end I got so fed up with it that I bought a cheap Android smartphone that has worked flawlessly ever since. Other people at work with the same Nokia phones have had similar bluetooth related problems with other cars as well.

I looked at the Nokia support forums once and it was littered with people having bluetooth connection problems but Nokia denied that there was any problem with their phones.

I know this doesn't offer a solution to your problem as I don't think there is a solution other than change the phone for something other than a Nokia or, at the very least, a different generation of Nokia. I think that the two phones you have tried and the two I tried are all from the same generation and have very similar internals.

Russell

I think you are right russell - searching through the other nokia forums, a lot of people have ditched the nokia for a Samsung or Sony instead.

The problem I have is that my mobile is a company phone and won't get me a new handset. - I do have a spare nokia car kit at home which I might install.

Its a shame that honda dont do firmware updates for the HFT to support newer phones.

Both my wife and I use Nokia's and have no problems but then again our HFT does not have the sat-nav.