What's new

Honda Keyfob Part Number Help

Benh

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi all,

I’ve recently bought a 2001 (Y) Honda Accord 1.8 S, which I have to say so far I am very happy with.

One slightly annoying issue I have is that the car only came with one key and no keyless entry fob - apparently they'd been lost!! I want to try and source a second-hand one off ebay or something but am not sure on what part number I should get as there seem to be a few different models (and obviously don’t have an original to get the number from!)

I was hoping that someone (who pref owns a 2001/Y) might be able to look at their fob and let me know what number is on the back? It should be something like G8D-xxxx-x.

Would really appreciate the help.
Cheers
:)

As far as I'm aware the key fobs have to be coded by Honda. If that is the case then a second hand one is a wasted effort.

There are probably coding instructions around (press this combination & that combination as quickly as possible type of thing) but I don't know if they work with or cars.

Try giving Holdcroft Honda a call in the morning, they may be able to advise. If not they can give you a price for a replacement at a discount at least.

About the keyless entry fob, I guess it can be programmed.
I have never tried it, but the procedure seems quite straightforward:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yz4obr

BTW, I look at my remote fob, and found nothing that resembles to G8D-xxxx-x, although I guess it had a withe sticker on it, which has gone away a long time ago...

Thanks, it’s a bit of a long shot I know, but I am guessing that Honda will want a fair bit for the supply and coding of a new fob but I fear this might be the only option.

There seem to be a fair few floating about on ebay around the £15-20 mark but seem to specify different part numbers (although they all seem to look the same). There are instructions/videos around on how to program one without the need for any special equipment which seem genuine enough.

I know the fob on my last car (2004 Civic TypeR) the label, and the fob was well worn too..

I guess my options at the moment are:

1) Live without one - pain as boot lock doesn't open the car and drivers door lock is stiff
2) Get a cheap aftermarket universal remote locking unit and try to wire it in to the existing system
3) Find a secondhand Honda fob with the right part number and try my luck
4) Dig deep and get the dealer to supply and code

Hmm..

Hope this helps,

Part no: H72147-S1A-G02 TRANSMITTER
Part No: H35113-S1A-E00 CHIPPED KEY

Both these Part no's I took of an invoice from Honda when they quoted me €150 for the parts and coding the fob and key. No idea what it will cost in the UK but I would say about £110 as a guess.

This is for the 2001 1.8 SE FACELIFT model as this was the year it was face lifted.

Again hope this helps

Andy

A Y reg is defo a lift :lol: :lol:

And again Andy is spot on with his codes.

The number from the back of my spare fib is:

G8D-456H-A

Made by Omron Electronic Components Ltd. U.K

My spare does have a little metal dog tag with a 4 digit number on it that if I recall correctly is something to do with being able to recode a new fob.

Andy and AcesHigh - Thank you very much for your input, it's much appreciated :)

If it is around about £110 to supply and code both a key and fob, then it might actually be worthwhile just taking it to the dealers. I do intend on keeping the car for a while.

I will ring Honda next week and find out what they're going to be looking to charge.