What's new

Honda lowering kit fitted but........

Jay79

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda/subaru
Had my lower kit fitted at the weekend on my type s tourer but it sits slightly lower on the driving side anybody else ever had this problem?

It could still be bedding in mate. How many miles have you covered? And what kit is it? Is it just springs or a complete kit?

Ive done around 150 miles in it. Its a genuine honda kit. Shocks ans springs
When you say genuine Honda do you mean A spec if so as Fahad said it will take a wile to bed in and settle.Once bedded in you may it drop slightly more.
By the way who fitted it.

As Brett, says who fitted it and do you know if they loaded the bushes correctly when doing it?

Yes the a-spec kit. I work at honda and one of the tech's did it for me. Yes he loaded the bushes but when you say correctly what way is correct? He used a transmission jack.

Jay
Maybe you need to give it a run in and then get one of our experts CJ :rolleyes: To have a look at it for you.
HMMMMMMMMMM We are having a Meeting at the Old Post Office off junction 38 M1 on Sunday this weekend a good chance to do all.
Check the meet section.

Jay, they need to load the weight of the car on the bushes before tightening up the bolts..

How much of a ride height difference are we talking about?

Jay
Maybe you need to give it a run in and then get one of our experts CJ :rolleyes: To have a look at it for you.
HMMMMMMMMMM We are having a Meeting at the Old Post Office off junction 38 M1 on Sunday this weekend a good chance to do all.
Check the meet section.

If i get chance i will pop over mate :)

I think it needs to be loaded on both sides at the same time, before tightening.

Yes the a-spec kit. I work at honda and one of the tech's did it for me.

You'd think he knew what he was doing though... check with him what process he followed to load them Jay.

By jacking up the car to load suspension you will never get the weight properly balanced. The struts should be loaded in their compression stroke to ensure correct loading . By jacking it up you are effectively loading the car in rebound stroke .

loading the suspension downwards will solve your issue. Get four big fellas in the car get it on the ramp and then nip all the bolts up.

Lastly to ensure this has had the desired effect from the centre of the hub to the wheel arch measure the distance both sides should be equal.

We was on a 2 post ramp when we used the transmission jack...........this friday we are going to put it on the 4 poster undo all the bolts and then nip them all up again. I will let you know if this works