What's new

Honda New Car Warranty

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
As you know I have a NEW 2012 2.4 EX Petrol Accord on order. Date so far is end January 2012.
I have been asked to consider the Honda Extended Warranty Cover. What do people think about this? It already comes with a 3 year warranty but they are saying it’s good to extend it. My feeling is it only covers defects caused by a material or manufacturing defect of its original equipment plus AA cover which I have already. Does not cover wear and tear.
What do people think? I don’t think it is worth it £389 each year

As you know I have a NEW 2012 2.4 EX Petrol Accord on order. Date so far is end January 2012.
I have been asked to consider the Honda Extended Warranty Cover. What do people think about this? It already comes with a 3 year warranty but they are saying it’s good to extend it. My feeling is it only covers defects caused by a material or manufacturing defect of its original equipment plus AA cover which I have already. Does not cover wear and tear.
Its a petrol Paul there bomb proof anyway ;)

Do you need to decide now or can you decide once the standard warranty expires? I'd probably hold off and see if any common expensive problems crop up in due course.

Do you need to decide now or can you decide once the standard warranty expires? I'd probably hold off and see if any common expensive problems crop up in due course.
Well they are holding the price for the warranty. it goes up in December.......but as you say wait.....it can't go up by that much and maybe I won't pay it at all as I see they are GOOD cars and should not go wrong. They have a good reputation.

I was offered the same on mine but I declined.

They did however offer to ask me again within the last six months of my warranty so I might revisit it then. But overall, the I-DTEC has been as bombproof, if not more than the petrol siblings you guys have.

Ok thanks guys. From what I am hearing Petrol cars are "sound" so think I will wait till the warranty it comes with runs out. I am sure they will ask me to renew and then I would have had time to think about it

Well they are holding the price for the warranty. it goes up in December.......but as you say wait.....it can't go up by that much and maybe I won't pay it at all as I see they are GOOD cars and should not go wrong. They have a good reputation.

Sounds like a good salesman 'buy it now before it's too late!' :lol:

Wait till your standard warranty is about to run out then decide if you think you need it.

they will ask if you want it when the normal one is about to run out, if it wasn't the petrol model and with my past history I'd be getting it..