What's new

Honda Service offer

Dan Robinson

Grand High Plumber
Reaction score
Car
06 EX Tourer i-CTDI
Was in Honda Letchworth today to get some wheel refurbs organised (don't ask). I thought I would ask about warranties and servicing.

Gave then the relevant details and the promise of personal oil changes every 6K or so.

Includes all the usual things like FF (thankfully).

I was offered a two year/4 service programme with half price MOT's and free courtesy car

for £862 or for 17 x 47.92 + 1 x 47.96.

So, do we think it is worth it? According to the guy behind the counter it is nearly half price - although I certainly took that with a pinch of salt.

A man like yourself should be doing your own Dan. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I know, but it is finding the time. doing an oil change is a quick job while the nipper is napping; fiddling around with the fuel filter and transmissions filters are that little bit too time consuming.

Still in two minds about the whole idea though - but seriously considering a new Facelift 8th gen in 2013 finances permitting, and want to keep everything tip top until then.

But of course dear boy :(.

Sounds like a good price for someone who doesn't want to touch their own servicing.. but I have a general deep mistrust of dealers (especially Honda ones) and I wouldn't believe they've done it right.

I do indeed love it.... its the "puppa" time I miss with the boy, that is coupled with the ear bending from the missus....

I do indeed love it.... its the "puppa" time I miss with the boy, that is coupled with the ear bending from the missus....

I so relate to this Dan, both missing time with kid and ear bending :)

Matt Jnr loves coming out to "help" with a bit of spannering. Have to be really careful he doesn't learn any bad language though! Still, he's just started school so I could always blame it on the other kids :)

Last time I had the car on stands - little dude loved crawling about underneath; so one day... But at 2 years 5 months, he ain't much help.. :D

Last time I had the car on stands - little dude loved crawling about underneath; so one day... But at 2 years 5 months, he ain't much help.. :D
Get the misses trained up. she looks great in her white overalls. Has toruble getting underthe car though-****** to big LOL