What's new

How do I access the TMC Diagnostic Page

stonking

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Exc
Hi, as the ***le says, how do I find the TMC page on my 2009 Accord. The TMC little rectangle on the screen is red and I get no warnings on the screen of hold-ups.

Thanks

There’s some stuff you can access through the secret menu on the sat nav. Hold cancel + map/guide + menu. That brings up secrecy menu no.1, then hold menu again for secret menu no.2
Imgur link here to some pics of the TMC stuff in my car, you can see TMC is erroring for me.

My traffic stuff hasn’t worked since I got the car, but quite a few roads near me built after 2017 don’t show up, so I’ve never bothered with it and just used my phone. Shame because the voice is excellent.

Cool. Interested to see if you can make sense of any of it.

No sense at all. Too scared to clear soft and hard faults because maybe then it will not work at all!!!At least it still gives me a route etc, just no longer showing hold-ups. TMC checker was 0, then slowly crept up to 8 over about 5 seconds then back to 0 again. No idea what that means.

Ha fair enough. The ESM has the below to say about soft and hard faults:

df8MEmg.png

Probably best you didn't have a go at clearing them then!

Weirdly mine has no errors at all, but does show TMC providers as 1 on startup, then goes to 0 about 1 min later.

There's a section in the ESM about how to troubleshoot faulty TMC. Pics below:

FxAMT2P.png

M0XlMcX.png

And this is how to repair the antenna wires:

DqoiMB7.png

Not sure I'll bother trying any of this as it's way out of my comfort zone!