What's new

how do you remove tree sap of the paint?

whereami

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S 04
I was parked under a tree and came out to see tree sap on the roof. I thought I would give it a wash to remove the tree sap and its stubborn stuff to remove. didn't budge. any ideas?

I was parked under a tree and came out to see tree sap on the roof. I thought I would give it a wash to remove the tree sap and its stubborn stuff to remove. didn't budge. any ideas?
Clay bar Robert is the best way.

Ok, I will pick one up. thanks for the tip Brett! your my Hondas hero lol B)
Something to add as well clay bar will get rid of all built in dirt and grim but will need a good wax and seal after.
This is because it will take all existing waxes of the paint and be fresh to add new wax.

WD40. Then clay the area you've used the 40 on. Then obviously wax, polish then seal. B)

Hi there

You could try some autoglym tar and glue remover first if not tardis.
This will help reduce the marring you could induce by claying.

Just do it on a cool panel in the shade and let the product dwell for about 1-3 min.

Then wash and polish and seal the paint with a wax or sealent of your choice.

Hth

Jamie s

if your car is dark colour you can also use glaze from poorboys to get nice fresh colour ;)

Personally i still maintain that WD-40 then a clay bar is the way to go.

Adam i use polish, then sealant, then wax. Am i doing it the wrong way round?

Hi guys, I used the clay bar and it left a really hard to remove blue residue( the clay bar was blue) on the car, i followed the instructions, is this normal?? I managed to get it off by washing it and using a cloth, but somehow I was thinking is this normal. :huh: really puzzled

Rob it sounds like you didn't put enough water on either the clay or the bodywork. You really need to keep both wet so the clay slides easily. I had this problem when i first tried claybarring.

Rob I recently used Bilt Hamber for the first time with water spray for lubrication it was easy to use and great results got rid of tree sap and tar on the car. I'm a poet and didn't even know it :lol:

+1 for Bilt Hamber regular, loads of water. I use a plant mister type bottle thingy .use it on a wet car after washing, NO PRESSURE other wise you risk marring which it sounds you have done. That should polish out with autoglym srp or similar. I also give it a quick wash again afterwards.

DON'T drop the bar! you've been warned :D

+1 for Bilt Hamber regular, loads of water. I use a plant mister type bottle thingy .use it on a wet car after washing, NO PRESSURE other wise you risk marring which it sounds you have done. That should polish out with autoglym srp or similar. I also give it a quick wash again afterwards.

DON'T drop the bar! you've been warned :D
+2 the best as most other clay bars you need a lubricant other than water.Also as Salim said if you drop it on the floor chuck it away as it will pick up small particles of grit and ruin your paint work.

Rob I recently used Bilt Hamber for the first time with water spray for lubrication it was easy to use and great results got rid of tree sap and tar on the car. I'm a poet and didn't even know it :lol:
love it! made me smile :lol: