What's new

How Far Have You Pushed It?

Sparkerfix

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer
Filled up tonight with 7 miles remaining on the display!! Put 60.45 Litres in so there must be a bit in hand cos I thought the 8 th gen has a 65 litre tank?

do these tanks not have a 5-7 litre reserve also?? I filled mine up the other day with 25 miles left and it swallowed £90 no problem!!

I never trust the miles remaining gauge.

In the Accord, old, 25 miles after light on, 8g down to 15 estimated, loaner Jazz, actually got to 1 as i hit the forecourt.. had been, what's annoying (noticed with the Jazz) is that you get home and it tells you that you have more than what you need for the next journey.. start said journey and it's dropped by 20M by the time you start it.... grrr
J

Personally I wouldnt let it drop to below 30 miles. After that, you just ingest all the gunk/cra p from the bottom of the fuel tank. Rather silly "exercise" in my view. You still have to fill up anyway, so why let it get so low and risk possible engine contamination?

Just my 2 cents...

I have hit 0 miles before and when i filled up, it filled 66.4 litres. I guess I was truly into the reserves!

1 thing i will say, in the Accord when it says 0 miles remaining, its pretty damn close to running out.

On average though, I fill with around 2-3 litres left in the tank (before hitting the reserve-reserve), so usually my fill ups are around 62-63 litres.

And to date, I am averaging 37.15MPG, yes accurate to 2 decimal places :rolleyes:

Until you get a "Fuel pressure warning" EML then you are still a sissy ;).

Us 7th Genners can do to to order on some roads.... not that that is a good thing :blush: