What's new

How good are upgraded speakers?

JLPK

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I'm thinking about purchasing upgraded speakers for the back shelf from Honda. They do a speaker with a center mounted tweeter (part number 08A55-TL0-600B). Has anybody got any experience of this upgrade? I'm so disappointed with the standard speakers but don't want to spend quite a lot of money on these unless they are top notch.

The 7th gen only had bass drivers yours shelf speakers may be 2/3 way speakers. Can you hear vocal or tweeter sound from them?

I would personally go for basic after market ones with a high sensitivity.

All deoends on what you want to achieve by changing them

The 8th gen has just base drivers on the back shelf, but they are smaller than the 7th gen speakers and no longer elliptical. The magnet is very small and sound quality lacks treble definition.

I don't see then how the centre mounted tweeter will benefit you as the drivers will only be getting sub freq?
Upgrading with after market ones will help i'm sure, get ones that are not too high W rating and better the higher sensitivity.

I'm very happy with my standard speakers in my car.
My car has the built in subwoofer does yours or is this only on the EX spec

Mine is an ES and it has no subwoofer. I might buy some speakers from a scrap yard, remove the original cones and fit upgraded ones to the plastic frame i think. I have some really nice pioneer ones in my garage that i had fitted in a car 10 years ago.