What's new

How long are you people planning to hang on to your cars for - and why?

My 3rd gen Accord I can't see myself ever selling. I love it too much :wub: plus I don't think I'll ever have a chance to own a car like this again!

So yeah, I'm gradually building up a core of cars I won't ever want to sell

This is/will, happening/happen to me. The Accord may not be my main car in the future im sure ill purchase better and newer cars but it will always float about in the fleet. Unless something terrible happens to it of course :ph34r:

Hi,

Just to share some experience, I'm the owner of my 3rd Accord, an 2004 I-CTDI Tourer with 340.000 Km

- The car costed to the 1st owner 41.000 Euros in 2004
- I bought it for 10.000 Euros in 2011 with 190.000 Km

I perform the majority of the maintenance that was:

- Oil and filters change (items mostly bough in ebay)
- Changed the braking pads 2 times
- Changed the braking disks this month
- Disassembled the Tailgate mechanism and ***embled again to try to fix a malfunction (after it worked for some time and now is not working again :-()

Maintenance perform by 3rd party's

- Tire change (I use premium second hand tires, it cost 25 euros each and last around 40.000 kms)
- AC compressor wheel change (is was making noise)

Since I bought the car I expended around 1000 euros in all the items described.

I pretend to have this car for 4 years so I hope it keep low maint cost till 500.000 kms

Existing problems:

- Tail gate malfunction
- Hesitation on acceleration (mainly happens when I deacelerate and then acelerate again, it will not acelerate for some seconds, probably MAF problem, in ****ysis)
- Some shaking on front wheels at a certain velocity and with strong braking, I thought it was from the brake disks that were very worn but after I chaged it is the same, probably wheels?

My 1st accord was an 1995 Sedan 2.0, bough in 2000 with 86.000 kms, engine broke with 332.000 after 1 hour driving at full throtle, it runned 232.000 kms with LPG, all maint made in third partys
My 2nd accord was an 1999 Sedan 2.0 VTEC bought in 2006 with 95.000 kms, it is still running with other person with 340.000, it is running with LPG for 240.00, all maint made by me

Best Regards,