What's new

How much to have timing chain replaced on CTDI

GAZB

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CTDI
My brothers after buying a cheap Honda Accord Ctdi , he's seen a car thats cheap but it needs its timing chain replacing soon as its got a slight rattle when you just rev it above tick over. We where just wandering what the cost would roughly be to have thie timing chain replaced from a garage not Honda main dealers

Gulp!

really?!!! ive heard they were expensive (obviously main dealer pricing isnt going to be that keen but damn!) if its that cheap then its gotta be n independent ...

This maybe a silly question but its not common for the timing chain to be replaced on the Accord is it?

There was an issue on pre-facelift models, covered by a 7 year, or 125k.

hi that would suggest that my 04 diesel is a time bomb then? :( :unsure: thats not good! when do they need to be done please? anyone?

hi that would suggest that my 04 diesel is a time bomb then? :( :unsure: thats not good! when do they need to be done please? anyone?
When they become rattly mate. However there is a 7 year or 125k limit. Any Honda dealer can inspect the chain for you for free and diagnose it. I would start by doing that buddy.

I think its more a case of poor servicing, using the wrong oil etc thats causing the problems with the chain.