What's new

How to change offside front indicator bulb?

Carl H

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX i-CTDi
Seems like a daft question, I know!

The drivers side front indicator bulb has gone. I have hands like shovels, and can't get to the bulb holder. I have a friend with small and dainty hands, who can get to it but says that nothing will move at all.

Either my friend is too feeble to unclip the bulb holder or there's some special knowledge required about taking the bulbs out.

So how do you do it?

From what I can remember on my previous 7th gen you just twist the lamp anti clockwise out of the holder.
Try giving the holder a spray with wd40 to losen up the holder

REMOVE THE NECK OF THE WASHER BOTTLE, it opens up a space. have changed the main and dipped but not the indicator so never looked for it. Let us know where and if you succeed, those two have a wire clip that you push down on to release the bulb/s from the housing

From what I can read from ther book it says turn the bulb holder 1/4 turn anti clockwise and pull, then pull the the bulb straight out to replace do the opposite. Only thing I cannot see is where the thing is. the drawing is not good, and I am unable to load the diagramm for you, sorry.

Scan0001_zpsc462d1a6.jpg

Thanks for that.

However, when I got in the car to go home yesterday, the indicator was working again. It must have just been a bad connection, and my friend's manhandling of the bulb holder rectified it.

Carl H said:
Thanks for that.

However, when I got in the car to go home yesterday, the indicator was working again. It must have just been a bad connection, and my friend's manhandling of the bulb holder rectified it.
I have a similar problem. My indicator works, doesn't work, works, doesn't work.