What's new

How to change the main headlight bulb

kasheeq8

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Ex Diesel
Is there a guide on this guys. I have done a search on the forum, but couldnt find one. Thanks

My right hand side main headlight bulb is gone. Just went to Halford and bought a 448 (H1).

Is there a guide on this guys. I have done a search on the forum, but couldnt find one. Thanks

My right hand side main headlight bulb is gone. Just went to Halford and bought a 448 (H1).
Kash have a look at the DIY'S on HID install.This will give you a good ideal where to start.You dont have to take the bumper off though.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8089-hid-kits-installation-guide/

Kash have a look at the DIY'S on HID install.This will give you a good ideal where to start.You dont have to take the bumper off though.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8089-hid-kits-installation-guide/

Thanks Brett, really glad to hear about the bumper bit.

Thanks Brett, really glad to hear about the bumper bit.
:lol: Its a bit fiddly to do and the hardest side is the drivers side but you can take the top part of the washer bottle to give more room.Then just unscrew the plastic cap to reveal the bulb.

What Brett said, I also use one of those little round mirrors with a 12" handle which to my mind makes it a lot easier :)

Just to add guys to this the 8th gen is very similar but 100% harder :lol: Iv not attempted it yet but the dealers charge about 1 hours labour for both sides.

Drivers side is a little tight, remove the filler neck of the washer bottle, this allows room, both head and dip are the same bulb H1 55 watt. remove the cover and then remove the pull off cable, you can feel for a spring wire "holds the bulb in place" the trick is to push this forward Towards you and move to the right, it will clear the bulb holder and the the bulb can be removed. Take care when fitting new one do not touch the glass of the bulb, it will only fit one way into the holder, replace the spring swing it to the left and then push in. replace cable and cover, then the washer bottle top. Same for both bulbs, although the main beam is tighter. I am ***uming that you have standard lighting not HID.