What's new

How to get a cable from the passenger footwell to the battery?

SCOTTP999

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 CTDI TOURER
Morning guys

Just fitted a towbar to my CTDI Tourer and a car-specific electrics kit. All i need now is to connect the 12v cable (and fuse) to the battery terminal but cannot for the life of me find anywhere to put it (no puns please!!lol)

I can get the cable from the boot under the kick plate trims to the glovebox area but cannot for the life of me see any space or bung to get the cable through into the engine bay.

Not pulled the carpet back yet but dont want to start drilling through the firewall/bulkhead and peirce anything!

anyone else had this problem and where can i get it through?? :(

I had do drill a hole in the bulkhead to get the power cable through to power my sub, I looked everywhere and couldnt find any other way in.

I had do drill a hole in the bulkhead to get the power cable through to power my sub, I looked everywhere and couldnt find any other way in.

Cheers bud-think im gonna have to do the same, just spent another hour trying to find a hole so giving up!! off to drill a hole- and hopefully not hit anything!!lol :rolleyes:

lol, you shouldn't hit anything I made the hole quite high up in the footwell and sealed it with zinc primer and a grommet to be safe. i spent a few days looking for a route through, on my old mondeo it was just a case of following the fuse box but its not that easy with the honda.

Cheers bud-think im gonna have to do the same, just spent another hour trying to find a hole so giving up!! off to drill a hole- and hopefully not hit anything!!lol :rolleyes:

found a way to avoid it- fed it through plug in passengers floor, inside the wheel arch cover and drilled a hole next to the vehicle ID plate!!!

next time ill pay someone !lol

guys behind the glove box there is a route, where the original car wire harness is, going to the fuse box, you just need to take the grommet/seal off and feed the new wiring through along with the original car harness and that's it job done and you can force the grommet/seal back into place... I have done this with my subwoofer wiring.

mind you, you diesel boys can't see much under the engine bay area, but there is a way to do it... just easier to access on the petrol models.

Massive multi grooved grommet in the passenger footwell. No need to drill through the cars body.

Massive multi grooved grommet in the passenger footwell. No need to drill through the cars body.

I need to do this as well, if its not a stupid question! where in the footwell is this, do you need to remove anything to find it, glovebox, carpet... Thanks

Andy

Theirs a grommet behind the glovebox which the factory loom goes through, don't think you can see it from inside but its at the back of the fan/filter ***embly. You feed the wires using a wire coat hanger from engine bay directly behind the glovebox.

Hth

Theirs a grommet behind the glovebox which the factory loom goes through, don't think you can see it from inside but its at the back of the fan/filter ***embly. You feed the wires using a wire coat hanger from engine bay directly behind the glovebox.

Hth

Thanks for the help Salim. Tried following this route through, but failed and ended up drilling through the bulhead!

Thanks,J

Yes.there is a grommet under the dash on the drivers side... Look forward and above of the brake / accelerator pedal. There is a grommet where a loom comes through.. I just made a little + in the grommet and pushed some 0 gauge wire through

I found the grommet on the drivers side too, just stick ur head in the footwell and look above the accelrater pedal...but I am still trying to hunt down the passenger side one as it will be more convenient and tidy, but if all fails drivers side grommet it is! :)

TheHole said:
Yes.there is a grommet under the dash on the drivers side... Look forward and above of the brake / accelerator pedal. There is a grommet where a loom comes through.. I just made a little + in the grommet and pushed some 0 gauge wire through
Thanks mate :)

johnny 5 said:
I found the grommet on the drivers side too, just stick ur head in the footwell and look above the accelrater pedal...but I am still trying to hunt down the passenger side one as it will be more convenient and tidy, but if all fails drivers side grommet it is! :)
I routed the cable up and underneath the plastic pannel that runs along under the windscreen :).
Then it popped out just by the passangerside wing

TheHole said:
I routed the cable up and underneath the plastic pannel that runs along under the windscreen :).
sounds perfect, I will give that a try at the weekend! Although I wont be using 0 gauge cable so will be easier for me lol :D

TheHole said:
I don't exactly understand this one. Do you have some example pictures of it?

Nasty.. I will try and take a picture using my parents accord... I sold mine so no longer have pictures but can show what i did

TheHole said:
Nasty.. I will try and take a picture using my parents accord... I sold mine so no longer have pictures but can show what i did
Thanks mate, i appreciate it ;)

nick said:
Can you please post a picture of this, I have diesel and I cant see it anywhere with the glovebox removed. I would very much appreciate it :)

frosty1986 said:
Can you please post a picture of this, I have diesel and I cant see it anywhere with the glovebox removed. I would very much appreciate it :)
Same here :)

Hi All,

Came across this thread by accident, I no longer have my 7th Gen anymore.
I can confirm that I used the grommet in question a couple of time (for the Sub Power Feed and also for my ambient lights).

I have the full walk through for the under seat ambient lights still and have notice a couple of pics showing how to get a wire through the engine bay and where it comes out under the glove compartment