What's new

How to remove front fog lights - facelift model

brodziu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CTDI
Hi. Please can anyone point me in right direction how to remove front fog lights, It's not so easy like in pre-facelift models where you just need to unscrew one bolt accessed from front lower grille. Fog lights are behind cover which I don't know how to remove if it's actually possible, here's cover which I mean
b4600.jpg

I hope that it's not necessary to remove front bumper :eek: , how many bolts holding fog light?

Thanks for every advice ;)

Mate best and quickest way is to undo the top part of the bumper see video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rWtfu1MSbs

You can then kind of peel it back without having to remove all those lower 10mm bolts and clips. This will give you enough access to change bulbs or the housing and I was able to do it in 20mins in the end.

Thanks Andy ;) but I want to wrap a fog light with yellow tint, so it needs to be removed from the bumper. When I was fitting HID's I removed bumper like video shows, but it won't give you clear access to fog light, besides I don't know if fog light is coming out on inside or outside? Thanks.

fogs come out from the inside four screws and the housing comes off and you can unplug them but you need the bumper front unclipped.

Thanks, I'll try to take off just the top part of bumper so we'll see, but there must be quickest and easiest way to remove fogs then taking off front bumper, but it seems that I'll have to go this way if no one else know other option :unsure:

Sadly not as others will testify and my experience is based on replacing the whole front bumper and swapping everything over including the fog light housings.

So in that case there's nothing left except going your way Andy ;) Thanks for that, I'll wait for better weather and I'll do it.

If you have not already done so I can confirn that you can remove the fog lights as per the video with the top of the bumper being released. I had to change one of mine as it smashed. It was a bit fiddly, but definitely easier than the whole bumper off!

Thanks, I haven't done it yet, but I'll do it as you guys saing by taking off top of the bumper. Btw it's strange that honda enginers didn't design easier option to remove fogs ;) like in pre-facelift :)