What's new

How to remove roof rack

Joyful

Reaction score
Car
Mk8 2009 Tourer 2.2
I have Mk 8 Accord.

Any ideas how to open and remove roof rack. The key works and turns ok. But can't get to open. I have sprayed wd40. Don't want to force. Ahy ideas which are the moving parts.

Only half a name of manufacturer. See pix

Attachments

• 20230204_094454.jpg
    20230204_094454.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230204_094428_1.jpg
    20230204_094428_1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 9
Aguri Prestige, Put the key in and turn it anti clockwise so the key blade is vertical, that should allow the whole lock and the black plastic piece its in to slide toward you, if it is reluctant try gently pushing the edge next to the rubber strip on the inboard side of the mounting foot.
Try tapping it with a wooden block if it won't move, grit and sand can stop it sliding freely.
The clamp mechanism is tightened under the lock with a 5mm Hex key.

Thank you Bounder. Amazing. Aguri! I couldn't figure that out from the lettering.

I will try the procedure you suggest in the morning.

I presume that the rail comes off, but the clamp to the roof bars remains, which are then clamped with the hex.

Yes that black piece is only the trim for the lock. The clamp bolt is hidden by the locking piece.

Thank you. The key vertical did the job and I had already primed with wd40 two days ago. Came apart perfectly. And fits the new car width without adjustment.