What's new

HPI Advice on a Potential Purchase

Moon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
I'm due to go to see this 2.2 Tourer Exec on Saturday.

It's more than I want to pay, so I'd like to think I'll get it for less as it's a private sale.

Everything sounds bang on, apparently it runs beautifully, sounds beautiful, full Honda service history, always done on time.

I've just done an HPI report, and it's come up as having four previous owners, date changes as follows:-

Most recent keeper change
19/10/2010
Dates of other changes
15/10/2010
26/06/2009
21/04/2009

The mileage has been recorded thus:-

Source Date Mileage
BVRLA - MEMBER 11/12/2008 51,321
RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 10/06/2008 36,700
BVRLA - ***OCIATE 09/04/2008 34,078
RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 26/11/2007 25,619
RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 10/05/2007 12,611

I've never done an HPI report before, so am not sure of the significance of any of this apart from the four owners bit, so I'm hoping one or several of you more experienced folk on here can tell me whether the above is good or bad, and whether I should leave well alone or go for it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Moon.

looks like a dealer registered the car for a few days (hence the two owners in a very short period of time in 2009 (2 months ish).

The car looks nice but overpriced for what it is.

I'd agree, seems expensive to me. Doubt it's had major work done at that mileage either, whats the life of the DMF and Clutch on these? WOuld prefer to have one that had done say 10K more but these two things replaced.

I know what you mean about price, but there's so few facelift execs around with lowish mileage, especially with FSH, never mind FHSH, that I've got bored waiting.

I've been looking for two months solidly and come up with pretty much nothing, so am prepared to pay a bit extra.

The dealer thing is what my mate came up with, so will ring him tomorrow to see what he says.

Private sale = no warranty. I know you said that you've been looking, have you asked Honda to check their secondhand UK stock to see what they have?

The hpi seems fine to me but the car is a good grand, maybe £800 overpriced. Remember it has less than a year of "extended " warranty left. That only covered a few things anyway.

Cheers gents, appreciated.

I'm definitely having a diesel, as I may as well keep what I have (a mighty Kia Magentis 2.5 SE V6 :) ) if I wanted poor economy.

I don't do huge miles a year, but do some fairly lengthy motorway journeys a couple of times a month, so the diesel will save me tons on these. A round trip of 540 miles recently cost me £140. :(

I don't like the bright blue diesel, probably the only colour I would stay away from unless it was a stupidly good bargain, and I'm not having cream leather either, so I'm going to see the original one tomorrow to see what he'll reduce it to.

Thanks for the reassurance on the HPI, as it concerned me when I saw it had had four owners, but I'm happy with that now, so I just hope the seller has been telling the truth about the condition of the car, but that's for tomorrow.

I'm all excited now... :)