What's new

Hybrid Short Shifter

amirul91

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord MK7 2.4
Hi would anyone know if there is a hybrid short shifter for the Honda Accord CU2 MK8?

Thanks

Pretty sure it’s possible. I seem to remember seeing threads on the Acurazine and TSXclub forums about them. I’ve been running the Acuity 1881 shifter cable bushings since 22.12.22 on my CW2 and, whilst obviously not a short shifter, they do make the throw slightly shorter. For about £70 you get slightly improved shifting feel (especially when quick shifting) and the stick almost feels like it wants to go into the gear you need. It definitely feels more satisfying. In my opinion they are worth the money when combined with the delay valve delete.

Pretty sure it’s possible. I seem to remember seeing threads on the Acurazine and TSXclub forums about them. I’ve been running the Acuity 1881 shifter cable bushings since 22.12.22 on my CW2 and, whilst obviously not a short shifter, they do make the throw slightly shorter. For about £70 you get slightly improved shifting feel (especially when quick shifting) and the stick almost feels like it wants to go into the gear you need. It definitely feels more satisfying. In my opinion they are worth the money when combined with the delay valve delete.
Much appreciated. I had a Civic and it had a short shifter installed, I always wanted to get thr hybrid short shifter and I thought I read the cu2 was compatible but I read wrong. I have messaged the company to confirm if it'll work or not with the cu2. What's your opinion on the manual and auto version of the accord? Looking to get one really wanted a manual as you can enjoy the driving but auto definitely can't go wrong with just not as fun. Plus it'll be my daily.

Got this from Torque GT, great customer service.

Hi Amirul,

As a CU3 Accord owner myself I can tell you unfortunately we don't, Hybrid Racing haven't yet developed one.

The only one I'm aware of on the market as a whole was made in the US by CT Engineering, who closed down in September 2018 unfortunately. You might find one of their short shifters but they're quite a fiddly part to install for a relatively minimal benefit (I say this having one myself).

With this said however, if you were looking to improve your gear change, Hybrid Racing's shifter cable bushes may be of some use to you - you can find them here: https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/hybrid-...es-civic-fn2-fd2-fk2-fk8-crz-accord-jazz.html

You can also upgrade the gear selector springs: https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/hybrid-racing-heavy-duty-gear-selector-springs.html
And the gearbox detent springs: https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/hybrid-racing-heavy-duty-honda-transmission-detent-springs.html

With all of those upgrades done, the OEM shifter should feel significantly better overall. All of these parts would also be compatible with any shifter upgrades, so if you can find a CT Engineering short shifter or if Hybrid Racing do (finally) make a CU2 short shifter, the above upgrades would compliment it further.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Matt Beardmore - Customer Service Advisor
torque-gt.co.uk

I can't really comment on the 5 speed auto as I haven't driven one, but what I've read about it is it's quite slow to shift with long ratios. The stock box on my manual was really good, but with the delay valve delete, upgraded cable bushings and weighted Mugen knob it is now perfect for me. Personally don't think I'll be upgrading the springs and base bushings as that may be too much for myself, however that is a great response you've had from Torque GT. CT Engineering were also the makers of the original "bolt on" supercharger for these engines. That mantle has now been taken up by Merc Racing.

In this thread you'll find everything I've done to the car since I got it at the beginning of May 2022. By far the two best mods for me have been getting it remapped by @F6HAD and removing the stock intake resonator. These two mods essentially mean you get two cars in one: comfortable and chill with the family in the car, but when it's just you put your foot down and enjoy the screaming induction noise and the extra pull to the increased redline.

I can't really comment on the 5 speed auto as I haven't driven one, but what I've read about it is it's quite slow to shift with long ratios. The stock box on my manual was really good, but with the delay valve delete, upgraded cable bushings and weighted Mugen knob it is now perfect for me. Personally don't think I'll be upgrading the springs and base bushings as that may be too much for myself, however that is a great response you've had from Torque GT. CT Engineering were also the makers of the original "bolt on" supercharger for these engines. That mantle has now been taken up by Merc Racing.

In this thread you'll find everything I've done to the car since I got it at the beginning of May 2022. By far the two best mods for me have been getting it remapped by @F6HAD and removing the stock intake resonator. These two mods essentially mean you get two cars in one: comfortable and chill with the family in the car, but when it's just you put your foot down and enjoy the screaming induction noise and the extra pull to the increased redline.
Much appreciated. I'm ***uming you have the manual gearbox? Just wanted to know which is better, manual or the auto?

Ta

Yes mine is a manual 6 speed. It's a brilliant gearbox and, whilst I have driven a number of autos for work (no Accords though), I always prefer a manual. The only problem is that there are hardly any manual 2.4s out there....

Yes mine is a manual 6 speed. It's a brilliant gearbox and, whilst I have driven a number of autos for work (no Accords though), I always prefer a manual. The only problem is that there are hardly any manual 2.4s out there....
Hi that is what I'm tryna get hold of is a manual gearbox, love a manual car especially Honda, with the high rev it just goes well with it. You on insta or Facebook?

Hi that is what I'm tryna get hold of is a manual gearbox, love a manual car especially Honda, with the high rev it just goes well with it. You on insta or Facebook?

Nah I’m a complete social media noob haha.

Fair enough I don't blame you lol. It does get depressing when you see others modding their cars and your stuck with fixing the stereo lol

Hahaha yeah true that. I’ve got a big list of stuff I’d like to do/mod, but it comes to more than I paid for the car. :p