What's new

I’m new so hello and happy New Year.

HondaES

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Estate
Good morning all,

I’m new to the group so just saying hello, hopefully this is in the correct section.

Over the last 30 years of driving I had a lot of cars, expensive and cheap, but I must say the Accord is a very good car and one of the best.

I’ve had a 2005 Accord Estate icdti mk7 for about two and a half years. I didn’t pay a lot about £500 as it had a slight front bumper and passenger side dent but full Honda history and a lot of money had been spent over the years. Approximately 145000 miles it ran really well and I needed a comfy large Estate to move home.

About 18 months ago I moved to Spain and with the car full, drove down. The car didn’t miss a beat on the 24hrs trip. I did 3 further return trips so approximately 8500miles without missing a beat in 6 months with some other running around I topped about 12000miles.

Now I’m going to share some love as I will also keep the car that’s looked after us, so here for help and to pass on what I fix or find.

The MOT and tax ran out the end of 2020, so i bought a Peugeot 607 another under rated car in my opinion, and it’s been sat in the sun on the drive so now is the time to register it in Spain and put it through the ITV.

I’ve heated, straightened and plastic welded the front bumper, replaced the passenger front wing, vbelt with removed pulley and some nice new LHD headlights so far.

On the list is a full service, new disc and pads all round, rear shocks, electric tailgate struts and general setup, rear fog and reversing light swop with wiring, rear bumper tidy, wheel arch liner and under trays finally sort a broken front fog light.

Then a really good clean inside and out as all I have done to date is a quick run over with Henry. The leather is really good so a clean, oil and protect.

The wheels are really bad so a good clean and refurb.

It does sound like a lot but it’s not really and I’ve been using autodoc so the costs have been good in my opinion and have been a lot better than buying parts in Spain.

I have never joined a owners group before or contributed but your advice always comes up in google searches.

So as long as it’s wanted I’m going to post as I go along and take you on my journey well once I figure out how the group works.

Have a good New Year’s Eve and start to 2022.

Mat

Welcome Mat and happy new year to you too