What's new

I found out some coolant leakage!

rhyeung

Members
Reaction score
Car
SPORT TOURER
Hi guys, I have a honda stream 04 rn3 with k20a similar engine with accord/civic, this evening with my torch, I saw a unsual liquid sitting on top of the gearbox, and I check further,and it was green colour type of liquid, and I check the coolant reseriour and inside was empty! I check from the top of the gearbox, coolant has slowly run to the bottom of it. I laid underneath the car trying to see further, but I couldn't found anything in particular, where could have cause the coolant leak from around the gearbox? It seems from the top to the bottom as I see large amount of fluid sitting on top of gearbox. Please give some advice..I quickly top it up to the correct level, not much only about 1/3 of the 1lt bottle and while the engine runing, I could see the coolant in the reseriour is moving like it had air inside..:-(

Check around the thermostat for leaks and check hoses for leaks

Where is the thermostat locate? Will it be the gasket leaks? I've touch the hoses I can, and couldn't found anything wet, could be the dark I only has my torch with me outside so.. Fortunately I found leaks earlier enough it seems only start today or yesterday. But before that, I had remove air intake, and bettery as I need to reach the slave cylinder to give it a grease up, other than that, I didn't touch or losen anything as far as I can remember...