What's new

I want the ****** out my headlamp

Danielaccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord EX NAVI
ok so I have a fly in my headlamp.. it bugging me everytime i watch at the front end of the car... what ca ii do to remove it?
img1625hb.jpg

The only way is take the light unit out and brake the seal to remove the lens.
This is possible because members has done this to dry out misting headlights in the past.

The only way is take the light unit out and brake the seal to remove the lens.
This is possible because members has done this to dry out misting headlights in the past.

HOW DO YOU BRAKE THE SEAL?
:S

As Neil said but nether done this myself.
On the facelift there was a recall a few years ago for misting headlights and Honda fitted different clips i believe.

This link will give you an idea, Unfortunately those fat yanks have much bigger ovens than us so you will need to use a hairdryer or heat gun as the light will not fit in our normal portion UK cookers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/119548-diy-dismantling-fiesta-headlamp-painting-shrouds.html

As Neil said but nether done this myself.
On the facelift there was a recall a few years ago for misting headlights and Honda fitted different clips i believe.

mine is a pre facelift. so a hairdryer ?:S

Just bring the car to the UK for a day or two, that fly will die very quickly, and disintegrate. Ps Don't leave it too long our summer is coming. What you could try is remove the main beam bulb, and with a flexible rubber tube and an ***istant "find" it and suck it out.

Thats a good ideal from John but better still remove the lamp and use a 12v pump with the reverse suction mode on.
So this will suck the fly out.

Thats a good ideal from John but better still remove the lamp and use a 12v pump with the reverse suction mode on.
So this will suck the fly out.
I THINK I WILL TRY YOUR IDEA FIRST BRETT!!! IM AFRAID I BREAK THE LAMP.......

If you take the main beam bulb out i think you can get access to the inside of the light unit.
Then use something like this below ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coleman-Quickpump-Airpump-Air-Bed-Pump-12V-/300844974943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item460bc2035f

You could take the headlamp out and then remove the bulbs hoping that if you tilt the headlamp it would fall out. I would do that before breaking any seal. Just requires a little patience thats all.

SO I WILL BE INVENTING A NEW TECHNOLOGY THIS WEEKEND...PATENT WAITING XD... THE BU..GG..ER OUT OF TIGHT, HARD TO REACH POINTS....
THIS CALLS FOR A 1200W VACUM CLEANER...
A 5MM HOSE AND AN ATTACHER TO THE VACUM...

SO I WILL BE INVENTING A NEW TECHNOLOGY THIS WEEKEND...PATENT WAITING XD... THE BU..GG..ER OUT OF TIGHT, HARD TO REACH POINTS....
THIS CALLS FOR A 1200W VACUM CLEANER...
A 5MM HOSE AND AN ATTACHER TO THE VACUM...

Ok a bit of a long shot but here goes.

1. Trap a spider.

2. Tie a thread to one of his legs and send him hunting. When said fly is eaten, pull the spider back out.

3. Should the thread break!

4. Trap a small bat. etc. etc. :D :D :D

You could take the headlamp out and then remove the bulbs hoping that if you tilt the headlamp it would fall out. I would do that before breaking any seal. Just requires a little patience thats all.
Gotta be the best plan!

PS - how did it get in there?

Ok a bit of a long shot but here goes.

1. Trap a spider.

2. Tie a thread to one of his legs and send him hunting. When said fly is eaten, pull the spider back out.

3. Should the thread break!

4. Trap a small bat. etc. etc. :D :D :D

Burl Ives "there was an old woman" rings a bell LOL

Similar to the vacuum pumps but cheaper; purloin some straws from McDonalds, stick them together, remove the bulb and feed the super straw through before giving it a good suck... :lol:

If you don't want a fly in your mouth maybe use some open mesh over the end. Also, just in case, tape the straws together because you don't want a straw left in the headlamp too.