What's new

Idle control on the 2.4

philcoxb

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type S
Hi guys, got a quick question regarding the 2.4:
  Is the idle speed controlled just by the butterfly valve in the throttle body, or is there another idle control valve (solenoid) somewhere?

Not sure it has one tbh. Think its ecu regulated but I could be wrong. Whats the issue?

Not sure it has one tbh. Think its ecu regulated but I could be wrong. Whats the issue?

No major issue, just a few idle related quirks. E.g. Say I'm driving slowly (around 5mph in first) with very light pressure on the throttle to keep the speed constant, when I turn the steering wheel through 90 degrees or more the engine tries to surge for a fraction of a second. If I do the same with the clutch disengaged, the revs will instantly rise to around 1300rpm then drop back to a normal idle speed (around 700rpm).
Something else is when the car has been left over night and its been cold (every night at the moment!) it fires fine always after 4 rotations on the starter motor but only to around 800rpm at first, then rises to 1500rpm within a second.

Like I say, nothing major but thought it might be a sticking idle control valve. Just worried it could be the start of something more serious!

sounds normal to me, reason for rise in engine revs when turning the wheel is to prevent engine stall when the PAS pump is drawing power