What's new

ignition help

mufcdamo

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi guys looking for some help

came back yesterday from holiday to my car which i had left at the airport, when i came to the car the key wouldnt turn in the ignition.
it looks like someone has managed to pull the key out while its between 0&1 so i called the RAC
they tried to bypass the mechanical switch by removing the multi plug from the rear of the barrel
putting the key in the lock to deactivate the immobiliser
turning the switch using a screwdriver

the car wouldnt start.
we checked the immobiliser and it was deactivating but the fuel pump wasnt priming
ended up recovering the car home

Today i have removed the barrel from the car and now the central locking will work but still the car wont start
i have attached the car to another one with jump leads to make sure there is enough carge
so still struggling
any ideas??

the car details are
2004 honda accord 2.4 tourer(manual)

thanks

From your description, it sounds as if someone got into the car at the airport and tried to force the ignition with a screwdriver ?

Does the alarm still work i.e. try this: lock the car (with key in driver's door lock, or using the button on the key-fob), wait a minute, then unlock the car using the key in the driver's door lock (do not use the button on the key-fob). The alarm should then sound, because you can only disable the alarm on the 7th gen pre-facelift by using the button on the key-fob.

So if the alarm does not go off, then someone has also disabled that (and I'd like to know how). In which case, the problem could be anything :eek:

If the alarm does go off, then I'm puzzled how and why someone got into the car and put a screwdriver into the ignition switch (if that is what was actually done). But at least, if the alarm is working, that indicates a less complicated issue.

Also, try to get an OBD reader to get any codes.

Hi guys

well here is the next update
alarm checked and fully working
no forced access
no visable damage to the barrel
dont currently have a obd reader (one ordered from ebay)
anyone know the location of the fuel relay so i can make sure its switching?

Ok found the fpr and checked it's operation. Relay is switching but still no fuel pressure at the rail. Looks like I need to trace the wiring and inspect the pump.