What's new

Immobilizer chip type in 2005 Honda Accord CL7 remote key

dandreye

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2L MT (CL7)
Hi All,

The parts catalogue tells me the key for my 2005 Honda Accord CL7 is part # 35111-SEA-305 (no separate part # for the immobilizer chip). There are keys on the market that look exactly like mine (e.g. this one) but some of them come with ID46 chip while the others with ID48 chip. Is there a way to figure out which one is right by means other than disturbing the one in the key in any way? It looks like a glass capsule glued into its pocket and covered by a tiny plastic cover, so choosing between the two I think it's likely ID48 rather than ID46. Just want to be 100% sure as there seem to be several other similarly looking glass chips like 8E etc. I do have the key code in the logbook if that's of any use. The 3-button electronic block inside my key has G8D-382H-A 433.9MHz written on it although I doubt it matters as it's just for the lock/alarm. There's "R" engraved on the key blade right next to the plastic, which afaik means the chip inside can be of any type )

Also can I use a cheap HDS compatible J2534 cable/adapter like this one and short OBDII pins 7 and 14 to access the immobilizer with HDS and register the chip?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Last edited: