What's new

Import Duty on an Exhaust from Poland

Si74

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 exec tourer
Have a new down pipe and CAT but getting nowhere getting a quote for a custom stainless set up. Skunk 2 looks nice but at near 900 quid?
Can get the other 4 bits I require from Poland at a fraction of the prices being quoted here in the UK. They seem to have an office in London
and some sort of VAT agreement and shipping is free but try as I might, cannot get an answer on what the import duty will be.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased twin back boxes from Germany and got caught on custom charges it worked out approx 20% extra on purchase price.

Thanks Blippi, I could live with that. Middle section, y-section and 2 back boxes working out at £220 so even adding 20%, still way cheaper that anything
here, even if anyone had all the bits I need.
Got one quote for a stainless from cat back - £80 to fit the front flexi and CAT I already have, £700 for the system and no liabiltiy if they break the oxygen sensors and it needs new ones?
Given I can't see the point of the exhaust being worth more than the car, it's either risk Poland or just go for broke Skunk 2 and fit it myself at my mates garage. Knowing what I'd get for the original CAT influence my decision greatly!