What's new

Indoor lights, air con auto fan strength?

Hutch532

Members
Reaction score
Car
I-DTEC 2.2 EX Tourer
Hi there,
This is my first post so i've got a few issues I hope someone maybe able shed some light on. Recently i've had a problem with the internal lights on the roof (near sunroof controls). The right one works correctly when the doors open and when pressed, but the left remains off. Occasionaly when pressed it won't illuminate then flickers and comes on, then off and on....so on so forth. I've taken the lens cover off and checked bulb and fuse...everything else is fine,any insight? The second is the fan strength. When air con is selected in the mid range (18*c to 24*c) the fans dont seem to 'blow'. When put to hot or cold they spool up to max. Not sure if it might be the cabin temp sensor down by the drivers left hand knee not working properly? Or if its some other problem. Have tried all the setting in the touch screen menus on the sat nav but to no avail. A little longwinded with this one so apologies. I'll try and put up some pictures to give a better idea.

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome Chris as for the light it is prob a loose connection.A quick fix try a spray of electrical contact cleaner.
As for the fan mine blows fast until it reaches the temp then is very soft. So this sounds ok.If you want more then choose manal mode to select the desired fan strength

Can't really shed any light on the electrical problem, but the fans sound about right. I think its just part of the Auto function, I never notice mine blowing until it goes to either of the extremes. It was the same in the A4 so I don't think it'd be any different for the Accord! :)

Ahh yeh thanks the fan was the main one, somehow got it in my head that it was stronger than it has been, perhaps due to the season. Probably be back to what i thought in the summer. I felt that might have been the case with the light. I'll pop a multimeter on and check that, was in case a quirk popped up.