Injector 4 leaking

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
Having read other threads and seen the images

SimonsCar3.jpg
I just need to know if the injector is a push fit in the head and is clamped down using the single bolt, or if there is a thread anywhere that needs turning. I have the copper seal and am leaving the top in penetrating fluid for an hour or so before attempting to remove.

What is the preferred prising tool of others if it refuses to budge ?

For isolating from the rest of the car, do I need to do anything other than remove the incoming fuel pipe and the wiring loom ?

Thanks in advance.

Just push fit, and just the fuel line and injector plug, yes.

Some people have had success with undoing the clamp that holds the injector down, then running the car so that the injector spits itself out.

I turned mine gently a couple of degrees with a lever a to break the seal before removing them.

When re-fitting, it's important that the injector seat is clean, as are the threads of both the clamp stretch bolt, and the hole it bolts into.

I used a greased injector seat cutter to clean the injector seats prior to fitting the injector. You'd be amazed by how much muck is in there.

Thanks, I forgot to mention the top pipe with circlip

I've also seen the post below

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/19461-injector-removal/?p=211190

so some coke has gone in as well in readiness.

Is it always number 4 and if so, why since with the camber of the road, it is the one least likely to get dirt and other stuff around it

I will try the twisting later this afternoon.

They all came out of my accord clean.
The civic motor I bought had a mucky injector on no. 1 though.

And after a tiny twist, she's out. A bit of crud on the sidewalls but nothing too serious (I've seen worse on pistons)

Quick question - what is the best way of getting the old copper seal out from the bore ?

Flat blade screwdriver that fits in the hole.of the washer. Ram it in the hole to pick it up.

Think i used a No.2 when I had to fish one out.

All done, with a couple of caveats.

Images to follow, but it looks like somebody has been in there before me, as upon cleaning everything, the fourth injector is held in with a long allen bolt as opposed to torx, but she started first thing after nipping everything up. A lot quieter as well, which is nice.

The thread that holds the clamp via the allen bolt has seen better days, with swarf from the damaged thread carefully cleaned out and tapped back into use. It is also
imperative the blind end is cleaned of swarf and liquids before reassembly otherwise the injector doesnt bed onto the new seal.

It is apparent from the old seal that the hot gases of combustion had broken past in two places, hence the recent noises.

Hmmmm, looks a bit grim there.
Good it all sorted now.