What's new

Injector Solenoid Check

AndyB1976

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 F18B2 CG8
Not a really a DIY but just a little 30sec vid on listening to your injectors.

Tool used here, is a Steelman Wireless Chassis Ear which I bought from the USA/Ebay. It comes with 4 wireless remotes which can be clamped around the car whilst being driven and noises can be identified. Here I am clamped onto a long screwdriver to reach to the injector body. You can listen to injectors with a mechanics stethoscope for a fraction of the price of course or even through the screwdriver itself but this tool lets an audience hear the noise.

Injectors
injectorscopyr_zps74e6a719.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyInI-tKUyk

I saw something like this on "Wheeler Dealers" with the mechanic (Edd China) using the probe to listen to a Supercharger that was found to be the cause of the grinding noise. Might be useful if you know what to listen out for or know what the correct sounds are/arn't.

Yeah my power steering pump doesn't sound too fresh with this listening on the housing. But as you say, knowing what things should sound like is the key. Also the components aren't isolated so there is always the chance of interference.

I'll need to do a vid of that the pump and we can take a guess if it seems normal.