What's new

inlet manifiold removal

john_d

Members
Reaction score
Car
Saab 9-5 Aero
how does' one go about removing the inlet on a 2001 2litre (f20b i beleive)

i know you remove nuts and bolts but there appears to be a number of parts to it, do i need toremove them individualy or all at 1 etc?

IManifold.jpg

If you want to remove the all intake manifold, I guess you can "only" remove the nuts that hold it to the engine head and it will came off. There is also a metal support underneath it, so you will also to remove it.

so i can get access to the nuts without spliting the manifold?

yep you can, what you trying to do may i ask?

remember youll have to take the fuel rail off

yep you can, what you trying to do may i ask?

remember youll have to take the fuel rail off

yeah im fitting a lpg kit and need to get as close as possible to the petrol injectors, fitted 1 to my st last year and it was straight forward and that's a V6, this puppy looks a right 'mare to remove. :eek:

yeah im fitting a lpg kit and need to get as close as possible to the petrol injectors, fitted 1 to my st last year and it was straight forward and that's a V6, this puppy looks a right 'mare to remove. :eek:

Oh, great, I also have mine running on LPG, but it wasn't me who fitted it, so I can't help you out there, although I can get you a photos of them in a few days.

Oh, great, I also have mine running on LPG, but it wasn't me who fitted it, so I can't help you out there, although I can get you a photos of them in a few days.

pics would be welcome B)

To modify a Honda you first must modify your angle of attack, then anything is possible :p

To modify a Honda you first must modify your angle of attack, then anything is possible :p

i'll modify my attack alright, from a socket set to a grinder :lol:

had a closer look, is the inlet just held on by nuts as oposed to bolts? from what i can see there are atleast 3 on the top, im guessing there will be a similar number on the bottom, and, im guessing these can only be accessed from underneath as i cant bloody see them!

fuel line is bolted to the bulkhead, i ***ume this just unscrews?

I have managed to take some photos, its not easy to take a photo of the LPG injector nozzles, but I managed to take a picture of one, so you can take a look of where they are. As it looks, I guess they can't get more near to the gasoline injectors, since the gasoline fuel rail will not allow to install the LPG injectors.

In the pictures you can se one LPG injector nozzle and the LPG injector rail. I have seen a car like this with the injector rail mounted on top on the valve cover, but I prefer this way. Also, I think the intake was drilled with it in place, but I am not sure about.

If you need any help/info/pictures about the installation, let me know ;)

they've done a very nice job m8 B)

notice the gas injector goes into the manifold at a 90 degree angle, normally they are around 45 degree (similar to petrol), guessing it idles and runs ok?

ps, i can see any valvesaver (flashlube or similar), guess its just out of shot in the pics?

they've done a very nice job m8 B)

notice the gas injector goes into the manifold at a 90 degree angle, normally they are around 45 degree (similar to petrol), guessing it idles and runs ok?

Actually, the idle was never perfect while the engine is not at its running temperature. When I press the clutch, the idle speed goes down more than it is expected, but it then returns to its normal position, but I guess that is not related to mount angle. Still, I will get in ask other guy which has a car like mine to see how the injectors are mounted. With the engine hot, it works great.

I am suspecting that the distributor rotor and cap aren't in its optimal condition, and they might cause that idle problem.

ps, i can see any valvesaver (flashlube or similar), guess its just out of shot in the pics?

Yes, I do have the Electronic Flashlube installed, here's some photos of where it was mounted. Now I have made a new support for that AC tube to be able to mount the Flashlube between the support and the battery. I haven't yet taken pictures of it, when I take it, I will let you know.