What's new

Inner Drive Shaft

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi

Seems to be one problem after another with this car.

The clonking which I have bee hearing for a while is in fact the inner drive shaft badly worn.

When I phoned Holdcroft for a replacement, I nearly had a heart attack. £335.93

Has anyone been able to source a third party make of one of these like the outer drive shafts which are available?

I have Googled for it but apart from second hand (which I would rather not do) there doesn't seem to be any around.

Regards

Why don't renew them?
I know that here in Slovenija we have a workshop that is specialized for drive shafts and the renew for both sides costs from 150€ to 200€
I'm preety sure that you have that kind of workshop around you

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

Hi Jan

Thanks for your reply.

It is not the outer drive shaft with the universal joints I am after.

It is the intermediate Inner drive shaft on the drivers side. It doesn't have u/j's

We also have companies hear in the UK that sell and refurbish the outer drive shafts

Regards

Hi

No problem

Yes, you need the inner drive shaft part, it's a metal straight stick with "teeth's" on both sides if i understand well.

I'm in the same boat.
The car would benefit from a new half-shaft, but struggling to justify the expense now my mileage has dropped from 2500 to 250 miles a month.

Do you guys have the part numbers?
Today i can catch up this for both to let you know the prices of the Genuine Honda parts form Japan.
I ordered few times and always the price was waaaaaaaay lower

Now i checked for my car just to give you ane example.
Honda Accord CN1 2006 N22A1 Engine (KG-GERMANY)
Part number: 44500-SEF-E00
Price:169.62€
Postage:84.38€
+ import tax...around 20€.
The part is including the half shaft, main bearing, bearing housing, seals and screws.

Jan Accord said:
Now i checked for my car just to give you ane example.
Honda Accord CN1 2006 N22A1 Engine (KG-GERMANY)
Part number: 44500-SEF-E00
Price:169.62€
Postage:84.38€
+ import tax...around 20€.
The part is including the half shaft, main bearing, bearing housing, seals and screws.

Good stuff Jan, I'm gonna have to keep you in mind if I ever need something like this.......................... top trumps................. cr*p................ wrong word..........

;)

It's not a huge diference but 100€ is 100€ ...Is better to have them in the pocket :)
The same story is with the TPS sensor...
Here in Slovenija it cost 382€, and i get it from Japan for 130€ + postage + import tax so cca 160€... We are talking about OEM stuff.
If i can help you just let me know

What website do you order from?