What's new

Installing a Double Din

Roberts14

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I have a Honda Accord 2003 and the stereo is built in with the heater ect, if i disconnect the wires off the main stereo to connect a double din stereo will this mean i will lose the power to my heater buttons ect? Because it seems like its run on the same wire but havent taken it apart yet.

The air controls mitten work.On my 04 7gen I got a head unit built for the accord,it had sat nav, blutooth,DVD,sd,USB etc plus had headrest screens connected to it and also a reverse camera and was touch screen.got it on ebay

And you could change songs and skip scenes and work the volume etc with the steering wheel controls plus you didn't loose any of the air controls as all came with them on the unit

Ultona is the unit you have still available on eBay? I can find one but not with rear screens. Also are there any bad points about it? Eg. Slow menu screens, poor maps etc

This looks like the same one I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTORADIO-DVD-GPS-BLUETOOTH-IPOD-NAVI-RADIO-USB-SD-Player-HONDA-ACCORD-2003-07-/280670308910?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item4159410a2e

The system worked great I bought two headrest screens and reverse camera separate from the unit,the unit has the outputs to connect them,the map data is the same as mobiles use and could be updated for free plus I bought my map data separate,but I had no complaints just sometimes when I was listening to my iPod and someone rang me it didn't go back to play the iPod so had to reconnect it but that was about it,you should contact the seller to make sure this unit or any is for your accord as the sport and ex mite be different and is better buying from a uk seller not china in case of any problems,the unit looks great and looked really oem in the car I would defo buy the same unit again,I would have took a video to show you it working but I have sold the car over a year ago now

And even if all the units look the same there will be differences so defo contact the seller before you buy anything just to make sure it is fully compatible with your motor

Sounds good. Yeah will contact the seller about comparability with diesel - I think I read somewhere it's to do with the a/c being slightly different between the two. Thanks anyway tho, given me the confidence to take the plunge when I find a compatible one!

Hi
Did the unit still show heater modes and temps. Seen some that don't show heater info

Looking at swapping mine out to one of these units but only if it still shows info
Thanks