What's new

Intercooler cleaning

Drejc112

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2012
Hey
Did anyone cleaned the IC on a typeS, looks like its not that hard to get to it.

To be honest I took mine off my non type s thinking it would probably need attention due to the mileage and found a little oil in it and cleaned it out and didn't notice any improvement in performance or economy. Unless you know it defo is semi blocked might be time spent better on something else

Last edited:
Cleaned the intercooler on my other car few months back,it did contain a very small amount of oil which is completely normal for a turbo diesel.I noticed no difference once it was done so unless your IC is a source of an issue i wouldnt bother.If you do make sure its all dried out internally before refitting and running engine...you dont want the engine ingesting any cleaning products

Celaned it, there was some dirt and stones inside , little oil but it wasnt that bad.
When they did the tuning on my car , he sayed that the air is too hot , bhp above 3,5k rpm , droped a little . He checked the temp of air and it showed 56 C , than he checked if there is any flow behind the ic and it was very little, i checked it too and it wasnt that much of the flow, than again depends on how the outside fan, that is cooling the car engine, was set, to be honest i think it was his fan that wasnt makeing the right flow .
Any ways it has about 210bhp , no egr and dpf was removed. Think thats ok?
Tuner sayed that if he didnt tell me the bhp is droping, i wouldnt notice it, i dont notice any diference now with cleaned IC.

well at least your IC is clean now...only way it can ever really cause a problem is if it gets a hole in it or inlet/outlet pipes not clamped properly thus affecting boost pressure.