Interior Boot Release Not Working

Jack Sparrow

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2
Hi guys.

I've tried searching but to no avail.

The interior boot release on my 8th Gen doesn't work. I'm not sure if a certain condition has to be met for it to work but I've tried it with the engine off, on, ignition on etc.

Furthermore, the button on the boot also doesn't work.

Is there a fix for this?

Cheers,

Jack

Mines just started doing the same only works now from the fob .... Be a fuse or relay surely ...?

In the glovebox you should find the master switch for the boot release, it can be turned off using this switch if required.

richsprint said:
In the glovebox you should find the master switch for the boot release, it can be turned off using this switch if required.
Thanks Rich, that's sorted it!

It's a very obvious switch when you're there actually looking for it.

Yep I got caught out on this 2 years ago when I brought my 8th gen

Just bought a 59-plate EX GT Tourer and had the same problem. Seller was aware but didn't know how to fix it, so managed to negotiate a reduction - sweet!!

***umed I would be able to locate the switch and sort the problem, but had a look earlier and can't see a 'switch' other than a 2-position dial I ***ume is for the fan in the glovebox....... What am I looking for??

I'm not sure as mine doesnt have this, only the EX models do. I think its a black rocker switch on the left hand side of the glovebox, near the passenger door side. Have a look in the manual also, it explains it.

Maybe someone can take a picture.

IMAG0561.jpg

Cheers for the pic.