What's new

Interior related Questions

TIPEX9

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
vtec-s
Here we go.....

I know the gear stick surround pops out pretty easily and the Dash panel on the passenger side pops out aswell, i'm looking to vinyl wrap a few things so do the thin coloured panels on the doors pop off aswell or do you have to take the door cards off? The ones im talking about are silver on my car, carbon effect on an ATR, wood effect on some models. I just dont want to try and yank them off and break something.

Next question......

Would a full ATR set of recaros fit in my car? I was thinking yes as mine is a saloon but im unsure. As much as i like the leather in mine its worn slightly in places and i might be looking for a change.

Also forgot to ask if the clock above the ashtray is compatible? and would there be wires for it behind my dash?

Hello!

Right then...Where to start.

The wood trims. I'm afraid to say that while these are not terribly hard to remove, they do no simply pop out...If only eh! To remove the passenger piece above the glove box, you will have to remove the entire glove box ***embly including the actualy storage piece. If needed, I can write up a guide with pictures if you wish? To remove the door pieces, you will have to take the door cards off. With the cards off, you will find that the door pieces are held in with metal clips that are pushed onto the "pegs" that go through the door card. Once these metal clips are put on from the factory, they are designed to never come off again. The only option is to snap the pegs off and stick them back on with strong double sided tape, or do what I done and snap the pegs off them stick them back to the door by melting the existing plastic to the door card.

Seats. The front will bolt straight in, but you will need the skinnier centre console piece (Look at ATR interior pictures. The centre console has a skinny piece) however I have seen some people get away without using it. As for the rear seats, I'm pretty sure they are a bolt in item providing yours is a saloon, but will require bracket fabrication if it's a hatch, but yours is a saloon so I think you may be fine.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want me to write up a guide to remove the pieces. :)

Edit: Sorry just noticed your question about the clock. Are you asking whether you can bolt a clock straight in or whether your clock will fit an ATR surrounding trim piece?

Are you in the market for a full type r interior or do.you already have it?