What's new

INTERMEDIATE SHAFT issues

Nathjkent

Reaction score
Car
Cl9 type S estate
hi chaps

does anyone know if the intermediate drive shaft on a 2.0L manual will fit on a 2.4L manual. my car is a 2005 type s tourer 2.4
i can find a new aftermarket part listed for the 2.0L but not the 2.4, i don't really want to go genuine as im sure the price will be silly
any advise would be fantastic

I am in the exact same boat at the moment. Did you find out any information about this?

As far as I can see, the Intermediate shaft that fits the 2.4Ltr CL9 also fits the 2.0Ltr CL7.

Honda want (as of Sept 2022) £371+VAT

I am trying to find an OEM part...

FEBEST 0312-CL7ATRH

This is the Honda part number...
HONDA 44500-SDA-A00

Due to not finding any stock in the UK. I have pulled the trigger on the FEBEST part at the link above. Fingers crossed its not made of soft cheese

I am in the exact same boat at the moment. Did you find out any information about this?

As far as I can see, the Intermediate shaft that fits the 2.4Ltr CL9 also fits the 2.0Ltr CL7.

Honda want (as of Sept 2022) £371+VAT

I am trying to find an OEM part...

FEBEST 0312-CL7ATRH

This is the Honda part number...
HONDA 44500-SDA-A00

Due to not finding any stock in the UK. I have pulled the trigger on the FEBEST part at the link above. Fingers crossed its not made of soft cheese

I've bought a used one for now, if that gets me by for abit then cool. You'll have to let me know if it's any good, reason I didn't go down that route as I couldn't get a straight answer from them about the amount of splines on the shaft

I've bought a used one for now, if that gets me by for abit then cool. You'll have to let me know if it's any good, reason I didn't go down that route as I couldn't get a straight answer from them about the amount of splines on the shaft
I will update the post when it arrives, hope it's not a waste of time and money but I'm happy to roll the dice this one time ;⁠)

I hope the amount of splines are the same as in the description and ***le... 27splines each end with total length 441.6... AXLE HALF SHAFT RIGHT 27X441.6X27. Febest 0312-CL7ATRH. ACURA;HONDA Half Shafts

I will update the post when it arrives, hope it's not a waste of time and money but I'm happy to roll the dice this one time ;⁠)

I hope the amount of splines are the same as in the description and ***le... 27splines each end with total length 441.6... AXLE HALF SHAFT RIGHT 27X441.6X27. Febest 0312-CL7ATRH. ACURA;HONDA Half Shafts
There's 27 splines on the drive shaft I took off last week

There's 27 splines on the drive shaft I took off last week

Hearing that is music to my ears. Glad the one you took off was 27 splines, mines still on the car until the part arrives.

P.S I am the user who posted the 'How low is too low' thread. It was the outer end of the intermediate shaft that was worn which is why it ruined a new driveshaft within 12 months, it must of been too warn (the splines were warn) when the outer driveshaft was changed but the garage did not spot it I guess.

Hearing that is music to my ears. Glad the one you took off was 27 splines, mines still on the car until the part arrives.

P.S I am the user who posted the 'How low is too low' thread. It was the outer end of the intermediate shaft that was worn which is why it ruined a new driveshaft within 12 months, it must of been too warn (the splines were warn) when the outer driveshaft was changed but the garage did not spot it I guess.
lol ok mate, i didnt spot you were the same guy, mines lowered 35mm on springs, im not sure if that caused it but i tried an outer shaft and it still had play so doing the inner shaft now. you'll have to let me know what the febest shaft looks like, i may need one if this used shaft turns out to be no good

well, my used in good condition shaft arrived and is worse than the one on the car :(
Oh no I had feared that. looking at ebay posts, the pics of the Half shafts on offer looked well worn which is why I thought a new part might be better (as long as its made from good material). What will be your next move?

This is showing as still in stock and with delivery via DHL its was ordered on Thursday night and should arrive today (monday) from Germany
(but of course it has not arrived or been fitted yet so I can't confirm it's any good yet)

Just had delivery notice that the part should be here today. Its going straight to the garage so I wont get an opportunity to take a picture before its fitted but I will endeavour to get a shot of it on the car when I get it back.

on the plus side the measurements on this used shaft match the used shaft so looks like the febest part will at least fit

how much did it cost you from that website mate, it keeps adding £32 for express shipping and brings the total to £90! i dont seem to be able to remove the express shipping option

how much did it cost you from that website mate, it keeps adding £32 for express shipping and brings the total to £90! i dont seem to be able to remove the express shipping option
Sorry for the delay bud.

I think there was an option for standard delivery which was 6-10days or the express option that was 3-5 days delivery. I went for express due to the car being out of action. Delivery was very fast, Ordered Thursday evening and delivered Monday morning. Total was about 90 euro, which is a lot cheaper than £371+VAT+Delivery. I just hope its up to the job.

I nipped down to the garage to grab a photo of the part...
20220927_162921.jpg20220927_162927.jpg20220927_162924.jpg
It seems good quality but we will see :) Hope fully getting the car back today but I'm not holding my breath just in case I don't ;)

how are you getting on with that shaft mate? did it fix your vibration
Well... damn, I'm a little disappointed. Yes the intermediate shaft has fixed the initial issue of warn splines on the old shaft but it has not solved the vibration. If anything the vibration is more pronounced now and happens at different RPM's/torque to what it used to. So the search continues. both front wheel bearings are in very good condition with no play, so it just leaves where both drive shafts go into the box, maybe there is a worn bearing in there that is causing the issue. I will get under the car this weekend and hang of the drive shafts to see if there is any play where they go into the transmission.

its possible the worn shaft has damaged the gearbox, have you done the basics? wheel balance, wheel alignment ?

its possible the worn shaft has damaged the gearbox, have you done the basics? wheel balance, wheel alignment ?
It might have damaged something. The splines on the old intermediate shaft that go into the gearbox and the passenger side driveshaft splines were in good condition. New front tyres recently put on car with balancing and tracking done at that time. The next stage is to see if there is any play where the shafts go into the transmission.

Strange vibration has always been there but is more pronounced now, it happens mainly when in 3rd (can happen in any gear) when I don't keep the revs high enough, to make it stop I just have to apply more throttle or drop down a gear. This is not an engine power issue its a definite vibration like something on the drive train is wobbling. Say I am moving while pulling out of a junction and turning right or left, if I slowly pull away in 2nd and quickly change to 3rd (well within the power band) without increasing the throttle then the wobble will appear. Again I am stating it is not engine power issue, its a physical wobble in the drive train not related to RPM and the engine is not struggling at all. Its feels like a wishbone bush or engine mount is loose, I initially thought the wobble was driveshafts but having changed them I know its not them so my search continues.

If the wobble appeared after changing the tyres it would be quite obvious to start looking there for sure, this isn't my first rodeo ;)

that sounds exactly the same issue ive got, there's a little shimmy when accelerating and low speeds and an occasional vibration at about 70mph but goes at 80mph.
maybe a common issue, both of our cars are lowered, perhaps the worn shaft has has damaged the gearbox, or the cv joints don't like being at an angle? im driving to wales tomorrow, i'll put it up on a lift before i go and have another look about

Last edited:
Hi I am new to this forum. I was steered this way searching for an intermediate shaft.

is the link to the febest intermediate shaft the correct link for a Honda Accord 2.2 cdti tourer 2007?

my car also has the same issue.
my car can accelerate without issue up to 50 mph.
between 50 and 65 if I accelerate I get a big wobble through the car. My car is not lowered
Wheels have been balanced, tracking is out slightly, passenger side full drive shaft replaced.
mom now looking to replace intermediate shaft and drivers side drive shaft. Is The link to the intermediate shaft the correct one? I think I may order it with a driveshaft and complete the shaft replacements.

I currently have 2 accords. I swapped over the the full right side from a car that had a little wobble to a car that was bad from 40-70
Now my cars issues are between 50-65 on acceleration.
And the other car that wasn’t so bad shakes badly.now

Last edited:
Hi I am new to this forum. I was steered this way searching for an intermediate shaft.

is the link to the febest intermediate shaft the correct link for a Honda Accord 2.2 cdti tourer 2007?

my car also has the same issue.
my car can accelerate without issue up to 50 mph.
between 50 and 65 if I accelerate I get a big wobble through the car. My car is not lowered
Wheels have been balanced, tracking is out slightly, passenger side full drive shaft replaced.
mom now looking to replace intermediate shaft and drivers side drive shaft. Is The link to the intermediate shaft the correct one? I think I may order it with a driveshaft and complete the shaft replacements.

I currently have 2 accords. I swapped over the the full right side from a car that had a little wobble to a car that was bad from 40-70
Now my cars issues are between 50-65 on acceleration.
And the other car that wasn’t so bad shakes badly.now
Like mentioned above, the Diesel has a different part to the petrol. The CL7/CL9 2.0/2.4 honda part has SEA in the part number and yours should have SEG or SEF for the CN2 (CN*,CM*) I think.

Like mentioned above, the Diesel has a different part to the petrol. The CL7/CL9 2.0/2.4 honda part has SEA in the part number and yours should have SEG or SEF for the CN2 (CN*,CM*) I think.

You got any further with your issue mate?

You got any further with your issue mate?
Sadly not bud. Had to move house at the last minute and thats got in the way of sorting the car out. Still has the vibration at certain RPM/Gear but its drivable and is getting me from A to B. Have you managed to sort yours out?

Sadly not bud. Had to move house at the last minute and thats got in the way of sorting the car out. Still has the vibration at certain RPM/Gear but its drivable and is getting me from A to B. Have you managed to sort yours out?
that sucks, no i haven't gone any further with mine yet

update on mine, ive fitted the febest intermediate shaft and a new outer driveshaft and the shake/wobble has gone
That's good to hear, glad its sorted the issue. Is the shake completely gone now at all revs/speeds?

Sadly mine is not fixed at all, if anything its worse. Had the front up in the air and inspected all joints, used a pry bar to see if there is much movement and we couldn't find anything of concern, at least nothing that would be causing the shake. Intermediate shaft is still rock solid but the outer CV joint on that side has failed again so its being replaced on warranty (again). This points me yet again back to the car being too low, its the only thing I can think of that would be eating these drive shafts but its strange it lasted years being even lower and not an issue. Though me thinking it was raising the car being the issue could just be a pure coincidence.

yeah the shake at motorway speed is gone, so is the slight wobble when accelerating at lower speeds
what brand was the outer driveshaft you fitted? because i tried 2 Napa driveshafts and had alot of movement in the inner cv joint (the one that joins to the intermediate shaft)
i then tried a CPS shaft and it was fine.