What's new

Intermittent VSA Issue

duub

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I am aware of the potential VSA issues on these cars so I have been keeping an eye on things.

Just recently I've heard a bit of a loud motor noise from the dash and maybe a flicker of VSA light. Then this evening when taking a left without touching the brakes or accelerator it activated and buzzed loudly. I wasn't going exessively fast and it was a dry if a little dusty road and downhill but I wouldn't except to skid on it.

Trying to replicate the issue didn't cause any VSA light but it doesn't seem to help with wheelspin anymore and I couldn't test the ABS because of a lot of fragile items in the boot.

No noise and light the vast majority of the time - does it sound like the start of an issue and could it be diagnosed? My main concern is my warranty from the garage expires on Tuesday so it would be nice to sort it before then if needed (***ume it covers it :/ )

Many Thanks

As Brian said get it on a HDS.

Thanks guys, couldn't get out to a Honda garage today but I'll try tomorrow.

Had been fine when driving uber slow (boring family passengers) but today driving at around 50mph on gentle bends it occasionally kicked in at the start of the journey but not again, as before. It was also when turning left so it makes me wonder if there is a sensor issue, particularly since I just had new anti-roll bar links fitted and wheels off...

hi, the same thing happened to me today. VSA system engaged on it's own for no real reason. The road was pretty straight maybe turning slightly left and suddenly i saw a few blinks of that triangle with exclamation mark and ABS engaged too without me touching brake pedal... I got scared as it never happened before. Any idea what could it be? Have you sorted out that problem?

PS. Few weeks before one of ABS sensors rear (right) broke down. Replaced it for a new one and since than ABS light was gone for good. After the repair I have re-calibrated VSA and erased all previous ABS errors.