What's new

Irritating throttle fault

Reaction score
Car
2005 accord
Hi all, I have an irritating fault from my 2005 accord 2.0L. cruising on the motorway if I take my foot off the throttle the rest my foot back on it will lurch a little. As soon as I'm past that acceleration is smooth and so is cruising. It also does it slightly on pull away but it does seem to be the first few mil of peddle travel.
Would anyone know what could be causing this. There are no error codes or fault lights. I've not owned the car long so I don't know if it's a fault or just the way accords are
Many thanks Tony

I would give the throttle body a good clean if it hasn’t been done, most likely that’s it.

I also had mild symptoms same as yours inc slightly rough idle....same engine.Throttle body clean worked wonders been bang on ever since.I also whipped off the intake manifold while i was there but it was spottless so had no cleaning to do.Also might be worth checking all the little breather vac pipes around throttle body/IM as any splits or looses ones will give similar problems.

Can the throttle body be held open with your fingers for cleaning? Im not sure if my accord would need to go through an idle re-learn.
Its a job ive wanted to do for a while now but not wanting to create more problems.
Its 2006 2.0L saloon
Thanks

Yea you can hold open and clean with some solvent and a rag. Check all your vac and breathers too. Shouldn’t need a re learn unless you’ve disconnected it.