What's new

Is the honda fuel filter a bosch unit? Diesel

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
I wanted to replace the fuel filter in the accord (diesel). Ive noticed there are some bosch units available on ebay for around £30 and my local honda garage want £42 for it. I thought I remember reading somewhere that bosch units are the same as the honda units? I realise the cheaper filters are known for causing problems with the accords but wanted to confirm that the bosch unit would not cause the same issues.

Also on a side note are the problems with the cheaper filters down to people not repressurising/bleeding the syste, after replacing? I noticed a bleed ball near the filter location. Can anyone with a workshop manual confirm that this bleed ball is used once the filter has been replaced?

Thanks

I'd be careful with the ebay one's, there seems to be 2 different sizes. I also thought about getting a cheaper one but decided not to risk it and got it from hh. I seen a post where someone removed a bosch ff and it was 2inches shorter than the new one he got from hh.

My apologies I think if your car is a face-lift it's a denso ff.mines a pre face lift which is bosch.

Sorry I forgot to mention my car is a 2004 model.

In the ebay link I posted it states....
earlier style filter 2004-2006 (right on picture - 16901S6FE02),
or the later 2006-2007 (left on picture - 16901RJLE01)
So I need the one on the right. That ebay seller appears to be Holdcroft Honda also.​

A lot of the time the parts you can buy online are exactly the same as you will get from a dealer with the only difference being a Honda stamp on the box for which the customer is charged anywhere from 5-100% more.

Thanks thats even better than the price I found. So just to confirm this is the same as the honda part and wont cause me any running issues?

hornyhonda said:
Thanks thats even better than the price I found. So just to confirm this is the same as the honda part and wont cause me any running issues?
If your talking to me then yes it is the one you want, got one on mine at the mo no problems.

Fuel filter arrived today :) Its a bosch one made in spain it says. I thought all bosch stuff would be german but oh well. Can anyone point me in the direction of a how to guide for fitting it?

Thanks

hornyhonda said:
Fuel filter arrived today :) Its a bosch one made in spain it says. I thought all bosch stuff would be german but oh well. Can anyone point me in the direction of a how to guide for fitting it?

Thanks
mine came today same as yours fitting it on Saturday

Fitted today 1hour 10 mins no problems but would have been extra 20 mins with out refreferring to the Fitting link because that bolt clamping the fitter in place was a pig to find and I knew where it was

It took me a couple hours to complete as I just kept undoing nuts n bolts until it was free but I really believe its changed the way the car feels to drive. Pick up seems smoother it would be nice if a difference was made to mpg but still early days yet.

After doing the job I primed the bulb till it was hard then primed it again about half an hour later. In theory leaving some time and priming again gives air bubbles in the system a chance to rise to the top.

If you ordered the fuel filter from that link then it's from our affiliated dealer anyway. You should be ok

hornyhonda said:
It took me a couple hours to complete as I just kept undoing nuts n bolts until it was free but I really believe its changed the way the car feels to drive. Pick up seems smoother it would be nice if a difference was made to mpg but still early days yet.

After doing the job I primed the bulb till it was hard then primed it again about half an hour later. In theory leaving some time and priming again gives air bubbles in the system a chance to rise to the top.
i agree pick up seems better on mine too .old filter had nothing written on it but was same size and looked the same and not sure how long it had been on

Brilliant. Its a worthwhile investment i'd say. My old one looked pretty grubby but it did say bosch. It doesnt say in the service history thats its ever been changed and the car is on 156k. How many miles is your accord on?

hornyhonda said:
Brilliant. Its a worthwhile investment i'd say. My old one looked pretty grubby but it did say bosch. It doesnt say in the service history thats its ever been changed and the car is on 156k. How many miles is your accord on?
110k and dont know if it has been in since new