What's new

It's all about the Tyres!

Trust me I am genuinely annoyed at this - I will give Costco a ring tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Dan,

For this single reason I haven't used michelin as they don't do a 94Y tyre in the primacy / p/sport! I'll stick to my Pirelli PZERO Rossos for the time being. I have concluded that the XL tyre will give that extra bit more when the car is fully loaded / and the ***** potholes too. You must be gutted.

Si

Interesting thread. I can also recommend Kumhos - have fitted them to a couple of my cars in the past and they've been very good. Quite hard-wearing with low rolling resistance, which I think contributes to lower noise overall.

Right, I've spent a bit of time on this tyre load business. As I-S has posted above, the sticker on the door jamb does state 94W however my local garage said 91 is fine and thus fitted 91 rated tyres. In light of the info I checked with a few of the branded tyre retailers - all stating 91 is standard manufacturers spec. Anyway, I've spent a bit of time talking to Honda UK and a few local dealers to get to the bottom of this (Greenacre Blackburn being very helpful). The answer is categorical; a load rating of 91 IS manufacturers specification, the sticker on the jamb reflects the tyres fitted at the time and is not a minimum requirement - manufacturers specs are needed for that info. So, I've had it confirmed from the horses mouth. I knew my local garage would be correct.

Have you got a copy of the manufacturers tyre specification? I have recently purchased a 2004 2.4 Tourer with 17" wheels, it has the "94W" door jamb sticker, 91W tyres on front, nearly new, and 94Ws, nearly worn out, on rear. I'm thinking of replacing them all, or just the rears, if I could have documentary proof that 91s are as specified.