What's new

Its finally arrived!

govtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
FD2
It nook nearly 9 months but it has finally arrived. heres a few teasers for you.

P1000105.jpg

P1000107.jpg

P1000108.jpg

P1000116.jpg

a little befor shot with any luck should have it fitted up tommorow watch this space...

P1000121.jpg

Flippin tease I wanted to see it on :lol: looks like the real deal that mate B)

that looks very nice indeed mate, can't wait to see the final product

Ok so its fitted now, according to my man that can it was a bit of a mission (front bumper off and a bit of cutting of plastic trim), but i can say i'm very chuffed not sure on the actual gains but it feels better at the top end, but it sounds brilliant after 4k rpm and sings as i get upto 8k rpm though just pootling around you do not even know its there. It also adds a lush bit of bay bling whilst confering some bragging rights :lol: Its got a ducting to force cooler air into the box from the lower front grill.

Installed
P1000127.jpg

P1000133.jpg

P1000128.jpg

duct in front grill
P1000132.jpg

Dan that is brilliant! superb sound and really does spice up the engine bay! :) how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking :D

Looks excellent Dan,

You must have the patience of a saint though, waiting 9 months, that true dedication, I'm sure it was well worth the wait though ;)

cheers guys really lovin it think my fuel economy is going to take a hit this month lol.

J4JAV: 850 sheets.

Hoe maiii Dayz blud! That looks and sounds absolutely immense! B)

Hardcore jealous, but you're my K24 bro so im happy for ya! B)

:eek: 850 sheets DAMN, but i guess thats what you pay for with mugen,defo woth it bud, again it sounds truely AWWWSOMME

Hey Oz, cheers mate K24 all the way. B)

Cheers Puppy good to see your still around bud.

Sufian - aye but the way i see it was 850 over 9 months which is a bit easier to take lol

WOW very nice mod !
I guess that air-duct in front of the grille, is part of the Mugen kit, right ?
Any plan to dyno this ? :)

That's just awesome Dan, well done
wink.gif

cheers guys,

dinoc, yep the ducting is all part of the kit and when i can sort it out ill have alook see what hp shes makin these days.

ithink the next step will be a sports cat, possibly a cat back system, and a 06+ TSX intake cam with new valve springs but its a few months away at the moment, at the moment im falling in love with may car all overagain lol

I know the 06 TSX received a few upgrades out of the factory compared with non facelift version (like bigger intake valve, bigger TB, different intake high lift cam, increased exhaust pipes, etc ...)
Didn't the Euro 06 facelift receive the same upgrades ? (both cars received the facelift in the same year)

Also, have you thought about a bigger final drive ? For instant the TSX has 4.7, we have 4.3 .

But you can try Comptech Icebox (the same principle like Mugen box) but a LOT cheaper :)

its all about the bling lol! CJ filter pic

P1020237.jpg

dinoc: our cars (european models) did not get the intake engine and exhaust revisions that the TSX got, unfortunately for us. but as Acura are Honda most of it is just a straight bolt-on.

looks great Dan i can't wait to get home to see your video.
I was looking last week at the K&N tyfoon filter.

Do you know for sure , do you have some official info of what's been upgraded on the 06 Euro facelift ?
I'm just surprised about the Euro engine not being upgraded ... aren't these engines built in Japan (Euro Accord and Acura) ?
Or how can I tell for sure if my engine has been or not upgraded ( my car has been bought in Nov 2007, but the VIN is a 2008)

cheers guys,

dinoc, yep the ducting is all part of the kit and when i can sort it out ill have alook see what hp shes makin these days.

ithink the next step will be a sports cat, possibly a cat back system, and a 06+ TSX intake cam with new valve springs but its a few months away at the moment, at the moment im falling in love with may car all overagain lol

Hey dinoc.

As far as i know the TSX runs a slightly different implementation of the K24 engine, the K24A2, rather than the K24A3 found in JDM and EDM accords (Wiki article ) . You can check you engine code on the plate on top of your front right suspension mount. The 2003 - 2005 TSX K24 had a similar output to the JDM and EDM accords however, as we know, it benefitted from revisions in the 2006 facelift aimed at raising power slightly (see link ). however as the JDM market already had the K20 Accord euro R running 220bhp there was no incentive to improve the output of the K24A3 accords and as EDM accords were imported from Japan we saw no improvement in power either :( .

hope this helps

Damn , it will cost a fortune to put all those upgrades on our cars ...
As I can see on Hondata website the 06 TSX with reflash only is more powerfull than 05 TSX with headers, intake + reflash