What's new

jet washers

flinty1975

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 tourer executive
after this bad weather ive have noticed that my washers had blocked up solid, even though i use a decent screen wash, so FYI i soaked them in white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda over night, gave them a blow through the following morning with a can of compressed air, and worked fine now, if you dont have the compressed air then like me in the past you will have to use your lungs!

You may find they block up again, that was the story with mine. I cleaned my jets several times but in the end I decided to take the washer tank out and found it was full of gunk from old screen wash. Ever since I cleaned the tank all has been fine. I tried all sorts before including filling the tank with warm water and vinegar but nothing fixed it.

You may find they block up again, that was the story with mine. I cleaned my jets several times but in the end I decided to take the washer tank out and found it was full of gunk from old screen wash. Ever since I cleaned the tank all has been fine. I tried all sorts before including filling the tank with warm water and vinegar but nothing fixed it.

Agree with Shabz whilst the old soak and air blast has been mentioned numerous times (thx BTW its a good reminder for peeps) getting the bottle washed out is a longer term solution.

thanks for the advice about taking the bottle out, never thought of that, the stick in it is black at the bottom so i will give it a go,BTW is it a difficult thing to do?

I would have thought that Bleach would get rid of all the cr*p from the bottle, without having to remove it. Not sure if your paint work would approve though! :blush:

Hi,

Just thought I'd mention that my passenger side washer was completely blocked and beyond any kind of resuscitation!

Called HH and they put one on order for me, got it 5 days later and what a difference £10 has made. :)

If anyone is interested, the part number for the (06 >) passenger side washer is:

76810-SEA-A01

Imran

thanks for reminding me i need to upgrade my jets to the ones that spray lol

I would have thought that Bleach would get rid of all the cr*p from the bottle, without having to remove it. Not sure if your paint work would approve though! :blush:

Yes it probably would along with a layer of laquer lol

For me I tried all sorts before actually removing the tank, hot water etc but nothing worked. Even ran 5 tanks worth of hot soapy water but no joy. Even when you remove the tank its a real job to get to all the places where the mildew of screen wash has built up. Since cleaning the tank I have not had a single problem. Worth taking the bumper off in my opinion.